Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Open-Source ATI Driver Is Becoming A Lot Faster

I still don't get it :P OpenGL is an open standard that is so open that it needs to be reverse engineered?

And you complain about D3D for Gallium >.<

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    I still don't get it :P OpenGL is an open standard that is so open that it needs to be reverse engineered?
    The OpenGL standard describes an API. You still need to translate that API to hardware calls -- this is what the driver does.

If you don't know how to pass the needed data to the gfx card, you can wipe your ass with the open standard.

BTW, please show me D3D for gallium working on any hardware, and specifically using S3TC on any hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    MostAwesomeDude: Revan199: They cannot legally provide certain information to the community.
    MostAwesomeDude: Specifically, anisotropic filtering, S3TC formats, MPEG formats, video decoding, and possibly the various firmware stuff.
    Even anisotropic filtering? OMG
    I hope someone will reverse S3TC for R600 hardware too...

Quote Originally Posted by gordboy View Post
    Dear Michael.

If you do not ban Vincent from this forum forever, I will have no hesitation in contacting your provider, godaddy, and asking them to pull this site.

You are clearly unable to control the people here. Make no mistake, allowing that sort of disgraceful CRAP is not only irresponsible, it is also illegal in the US.

Also, fully expect to be contacted by disabled rights organizations and the FBI if you fail to comply.
    sorry gordboy i don't like your mental-fascism to control people in writing/speaking is like being a Nazi. sure you are one.

Nobody lolled at my hypothesis? I am dissapoint.
    Anyway Gordshit has no legal ground to stand on whatsoever so whatever...

Oh for $DEITY's sake. Gordboy threatening legalese and V!ncent being much worse than what got gordboy banned the last time, yet escaping unscathed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Nobody lolled at my hypothesis? I am dissapoint.
    Anyway Gordshit has no legal ground to stand on whatsoever so whatever...
    people like gordshit "DanL" try to ban me in the past: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...light=qaridium

and "DanL" try to hurt me today to:

DanL:"Don't listen to the Qtroll (I suggest blocking it)."
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...lob-late/page2

and hey.. i give a fuck about people like DanL or Gordshit

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    sorry gordboy i don't like your mental-fascism to control people in writing/speaking is like being a Nazi. sure you are one.
    This

Sorry this thread has gone way off track due to the incessant trolling of gordboy, guys. Maybe if gordboy shuts the heck up and let the intelligent people talk it will work out a lot better.

Arrg edit limit.

What we all can do is just ignore trollboy. Don't quote or respond to any of his posts and just post about the topic at hand. He'll then get the hint and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Radeon OSS drivers are a funny thing. Those who use them, like them, those who buy from other manufacturers hate them and write about it on the internet
    Maybe I'm an exception. I use them, I find them lacking, find them slow progressing(as in alarmingly slow), do not understand AMD decisions - but they are open-source.

At the same time I look at nvidia, and struggle between opensource+inefficiency and blob+efficiency. Seriously, Im starting to hate BOTH nvidia and amd.