Thread: LibreOffice 3.3 Nears; RC3 Released

Hybrid View

Default LibreOffice 3.3 Nears; RC3 Released

Phoronix: LibreOffice 3.3 Nears; RC3 Released

While Oracle has out Open Office 3.3, The Document Foundation is currently finishing up work on their fork of OpenOffice.org known as LibreOffice. LibreOffice 3.3 is soon going to be released...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTAxMQ

Any chance of an article reminding us what 3.3 brings to the table

Also does anyone know if they've merged any of the go-oo stuff?

@Michael: It's the second time you mention it, but what do you mean when you say that Open Office 3.3 is out? On their openoffice.org, they only push 3.2 og RC8 of 3.3 - or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by anbog View Post
    @Michael: It's the second time you mention it, but what do you mean when you say that Open Office 3.3 is out? On their openoffice.org, they only push 3.2 og RC8 of 3.3 - or am I missing something?
    Open Office and openoffice.org are now two different entities. Basically Open Office is now what Sun's StarOffice once was: a proprietary office suite based on openoffice.org.

I know it's confusing and I agree that it's a low marketing move on Oracle's side.

Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    Open Office and openoffice.org are now two different entities. Basically Open Office is now what Sun's StarOffice once was: a proprietary office suite based on openoffice.org.

I know it's confusing and I agree that it's a low marketing move on Oracle's side.
    Okay, that explains it - thanks for clearing that up for me! Is there any difference in the two software suites (on features, ?) or is it simply support that comes with Open Office over OpenOffice.org?

Quote Originally Posted by anbog View Post
    Okay, that explains it - thanks for clearing that up for me! Is there any difference in the two software suites (on features, ?) or is it simply support that comes with Open Office over OpenOffice.org?
    Uh what I heard is that it has some "cloud based" features, plus advanced adminitration tools for enterprises...