Configuring Smplayer For VDPAU
I use the Smplayer GUI for mplayer and I was wondering what video settings were best when using the VDPAU ouput driver.
I've tried thousands of settings, but I still get SLOWER performance with VDPAU, than XVideo.
I tried using 4 CPU threads or no threads (since I read that they could conflict)
I tried "draw video with slices," "double buffering."
But everything produced the same, slower results.
Whenever I use VDPAU to play a video with fast motion and multiple special effects, the video skips for a half-second, during intensive scenes.
My NVIDIA Driver Specifications:
- Binary NVIDIA driver version 260.19.06
- Installed all VDPAU decencies
- Switched audio output from "pulse" to "alsa"
My System Specifications:
- Kubuntu 10.10
- Smplayer 0.6.9 (SVN r3447)
- Mplayer 1.0 rc4
My Hardware Specifications
- Geforce GTX 460
- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHZ
- 8 GB RAM
- Hard Disk ---- Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB