Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATI blob late

Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    In response to Godwin's Law taking effect - has anyone here actually been to any of the Holocaust memorial sites? Just curious.
    Yes.

The comments here are less than tactful.

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Yes.
    QFE (character limits)

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    The drivers are actually finished 2 months earlier than they are released. The rest of the time is for testing and packaging contributions.
    And this means Microsoft is oppressing you?

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Yes.

Oh well, at least people are free to make such comments. I'm not a fan of them either, but I do trust people mean it only in jest.
    And that's all I'll say here about that - it's offtopic now.
    More on-topic: just reinstalled gentoo so 11.1 should be the first driver install where I don't have to manually install the package (long story, I really buggered things up a while back!).

Q probably already knows this, but for any of you that want 100% no screen tearing, ever. This release is for you

I wish people would just respect their NDA and stop making broad claims based on their limited experience with the beta driver.

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    I wish people would just respect their NDA and stop making broad claims based on their limited experience with the beta driver.
    and what should people without any NDA do ?

Really though, it wouldn't surprise me if the Microsoft part was correct too. However, there are definitely technical reasons. If the Windows build isn't working correctly (due to problems with the renderer, not packaging,) the Linux version often has the exact same bug.
    Yes, it's PROBABLY in the Linux driver too. But if it isn't, it means the bug is in the OS side. And that makes (if it is really happenind) delaying the Linux driver because the Windows one fails because of Windows a violation of competency. I'm not sure if it is illegal (I think it must, because a product with a failure makes the competition one to not be released), but it is unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    The way the Catalyst beta driver release cycle can be easily found on the internet. Not only that, but Q has been spreading rumors forever, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they actually fixed screen tearing in the upcoming release.

Q probably already knows this, but for any of you that want 100% no screen tearing, ever. This release is for you
    I wonder, will this also help rotated monitors? Nvidia and radeon vsync fails once you rotate a monitor - I really hope fglrx can shine here!