Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD's opensource lies exposed

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That is hardly the case. The most qualified people to work on the code are usually the ones that already are (the manufacturer).
    If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working. Obviously, the more tricky the hardware is, the more important a role the manufacturer must play.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working.
    You are making a lot of assumptions based on a presumed fact that the manufacturer has no knowledge of the operating system which isn't the case usually.

That is hardly the case. The most qualified people to work on the code are usually the ones that already are (the manufacturer).
    138 people work on the opensouce radeon driver 3 of them payed by amd full time.

this fakt shows me 2 thinks A nvidia goes the wrong way and this 138 Devs will shot nvidia down and B the biggest part is not do by amd dev's.

you talk about 3 people and i know about the (138-3) other peoples. and i do not believe you!

I have asked you this before, have you ever done this? You can pay people to fix/implement closed source as well. It is done all the time.
    yes i have

So if you are completely against NDA's then your less concerned about the issue then then you are about politics which means fixing the issue was never the actual reason for desiring a open source solution.
    LOL to be against a NDA is not a Politic problem example AMD will never ever give me an NDA signing for the catalyst beta program

LOL never! LOL means in fact its not Politic its just the hart reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    138 people work on the opensouce radeon driver 3 of them payed by amd full time.
    Quite a flaw in your logic. There are 3 full time working on the linux specific bits but since there is many working on the windows and OSX driver that share a large chunk of the code as we know it does the number is MUCH greater.

this fakt shows me 2 thinks A nvidia goes the wrong way and this 138 Devs will shot nvidia down and B the biggest part is not do by amd dev's.

you talk about 3 people and i know about the (138-3) other peoples. and i do not believe you!
    Fact is that you are completely ignoring the actual facts.

Quite a flaw in your logic. There are 3 full time working on the linux specific bits but since there is many working on the windows and OSX driver that share a large chunk of the code as we know it does the number is MUCH greater.

Fact is that you are completely ignoring the actual facts.
    what kind of fact?

i don't care about a greater number of idiots work on the windows or OSx part payed by AMD.

the question is not how many idiots work on the wrong stuff the question is how good a small group can handle the right way.

what kind of fact?

i don't care about a greater number of idiots work on the windows or OSx part payed by AMD.

the question is not how many idiots work on the wrong stuff the question is how good a small group can handle the right way.
    Lol, so you are saying that if AMD took their blobs and removed all shared code that it doesn't matter?

theme song for this thread:
    trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...

yes i have
    To whom, for what and for how much? Since it is open source this should be easily verifiable by emailing the code creator.

Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    theme song for this thread:
    trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...
    Yup.

Has anyone else noticed the tags to this forum thread?

Lol, so you are saying that if AMD took their blobs and removed all shared code that it doesn't matter?
    sorry my english fails here ... What are you trying to tell me here ?