Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 408

Thread: AMD's opensource lies exposed

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That is hardly the case. The most qualified people to work on the code are usually the ones that already are (the manufacturer).
    If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working. Obviously, the more tricky the hardware is, the more important a role the manufacturer must play.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working.
    You are making a lot of assumptions based on a presumed fact that the manufacturer has no knowledge of the operating system which isn't the case usually.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That is hardly the case. The most qualified people to work on the code are usually the ones that already are (the manufacturer).
    138 people work on the opensouce radeon driver 3 of them payed by amd full time.

    this fakt shows me 2 thinks A nvidia goes the wrong way and this 138 Devs will shot nvidia down and B the biggest part is not do by amd dev's.

    you talk about 3 people and i know about the (138-3) other peoples. and i do not believe you!



    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    I have asked you this before, have you ever done this? You can pay people to fix/implement closed source as well. It is done all the time.
    yes i have


    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    So if you are completely against NDA's then your less concerned about the issue then then you are about politics which means fixing the issue was never the actual reason for desiring a open source solution.
    LOL to be against a NDA is not a Politic problem example AMD will never ever give me an NDA signing for the catalyst beta program

    LOL never! LOL means in fact its not Politic its just the hart reality.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    138 people work on the opensouce radeon driver 3 of them payed by amd full time.
    Quite a flaw in your logic. There are 3 full time working on the linux specific bits but since there is many working on the windows and OSX driver that share a large chunk of the code as we know it does the number is MUCH greater.

    this fakt shows me 2 thinks A nvidia goes the wrong way and this 138 Devs will shot nvidia down and B the biggest part is not do by amd dev's.

    you talk about 3 people and i know about the (138-3) other peoples. and i do not believe you!
    Fact is that you are completely ignoring the actual facts.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Quite a flaw in your logic. There are 3 full time working on the linux specific bits but since there is many working on the windows and OSX driver that share a large chunk of the code as we know it does the number is MUCH greater.

    Fact is that you are completely ignoring the actual facts.
    what kind of fact?

    i don't care about a greater number of idiots work on the windows or OSx part payed by AMD.

    the question is not how many idiots work on the wrong stuff the question is how good a small group can handle the right way.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    what kind of fact?

    i don't care about a greater number of idiots work on the windows or OSx part payed by AMD.

    the question is not how many idiots work on the wrong stuff the question is how good a small group can handle the right way.
    Lol, so you are saying that if AMD took their blobs and removed all shared code that it doesn't matter?

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    theme song for this thread:
    trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...

  8. #148
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    yes i have
    To whom, for what and for how much? Since it is open source this should be easily verifiable by emailing the code creator.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    theme song for this thread:
    trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...
    Yup.

    Has anyone else noticed the tags to this forum thread?

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Lol, so you are saying that if AMD took their blobs and removed all shared code that it doesn't matter?
    sorry my english fails here ... What are you trying to tell me here ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •