Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 408

Thread: AMD's opensource lies exposed

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Lol, can't read the nvidia panel? Nouveau doesn't even support the GTX-580 yet. Suck it up buttercup.
    You say it so proudly, like it's a good thing.

    You can't run your hardware using free software. What a loser

    I'm going to play some more. You can write a post about how much I miss Unigine Tropics and how my life is meaningless because my processor uses 10W more power to decode an HD stream.

    I'll read it once I'm finished using the fantastic FREE and OPEN drivers, which do not exist.

    http://bugs.gentoo.org/336837
    http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/0...reedy-problem/
    http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvi...aris,9839.html
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10..._graphics_bug/

    The nvidia blob is just as buggy and breaks just as often as any other driver. You know it as well as anyone.

    At least we have a choice over here in ATI-land.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    You say it so proudly, like it's a good thing.

    You can't run your hardware using free software. What a loser

    I'm going to play some more. You can write a post about how much I miss Unigine Tropics and how my life is meaningless because my processor uses 10W more power to decode an HD stream.
    I'm a loser? Your the one that can't come with terms of reality and live in a world "tomorrow will be better, I hope". That is what makes your life meaningless and it is of your own accord. You have the time to waste waiting for tomorrow.

    I'll read it once I'm finished using the fantastic FREE and OPEN drivers, which do not exist.
    Well good for you. I can do the same on closed drivers on the same day that the product is released and with a full feature set.

    Clap, clap, clap. Congratulations you found some bugs. I would post just the kde bugs on the radeon driver for KDE alone but alas there is a post limit size in these forums.

    At least we have a choice over here in ATI-land.
    Of course, drinking koolaid is always a choice.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That is what makes your life meaningless
    Wow. Getting pretty heated in here. I guess the guy who started this thread accomplished his goal.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Wow. Getting pretty heated in here. I guess the guy who started this thread accomplished his goal.
    He was the one that said his life was meaningless.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    He was the one that said his life was meaningless.
    No, he said you could write a post saying his life was meaningless, clearly hinting that he didn't believe that was true. And then you went and did it.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Whatever, i'm not invested in this fight. That line just caught my eye as being way over the top, i haven't even read this thread since about page 10 so for all i know he crossed the line a few pages ago and i just missed it.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    I'm a loser? Your the one that can't come with terms of reality and live in a world "tomorrow will be better, I hope". That is what makes your life meaningless and it is of your own accord. You have the time to waste waiting for tomorrow.
    No, young padawan.

    Hope makes life meaningful, not meaningless.

    Accepting crap from above because you have no choice -- that makes your life meaningless

    Well good for you. I can do the same on closed drivers on the same day that the product is released and with a full feature set.
    Can you?

    Nvidia doesn't even provide drivers for all their hardware. Unlike AMD

    So if you want an Nvidia chip, you have to do your homework carefully, make sure you don't purchase a chip which won't let you boot Linux, then you have to replace your Linux kernel, xorg, mesa and alsa with nvidia's secret solution, and then you hope that they will fix the new batch of bugs they introduced very soon.

    Because you can't fix them.

    Awesome

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    The thing is -- my card does everything I need it to do, and does it using free and open drivers.

    You can't even watch a video on your card without replacing half of your system with Windows drivers hacked on top of an unstable ABI, and keep replacing those at regular intervals because Linux was never designed to work that way.

    But you have 1432 FPS in workraft, and I get only 60

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by not.sure View Post
    Time for a car analogy:
    If you have a car that is built to open specs, and another one that is rented, but not yours, it's pretty clear which one can be better seen during night, and how long ago the meal was cooked. And after all, that's what counts.
    well its not so conclusive regarding the meal is it

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...years-ago.html

    you might also consider “He [Sinclair] is the closed circle. He is returning to the beginning”
    replacing [Sinclair] with [the man with the plan] if you wish OC

    but the better classic thought that really count's as regards many things, not just AMD Gfx/UVD usability etc is
    "irrelevant. He has opened an unexpected door. We do now what must be done now. His purpose has been fulfilled."
    well not quite yet , not until that UVD review is officially deemed started/complete and there's an actual public outcome for that officially stated review





    this thread has now become the general dumping ground for all subjects and very loosly related points of fact right

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    This thread has always been here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •