Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Myself and a friend are interested in meeting up in Munich. We live in Kaiserslautern. I'm not sure what else is going on there, but I'm a big fan of benchmarking and the phoronix-test-suite in general, so I'd definitely like to meet you and see a preview of Iveland.

It's about a 4-5 hour drive for us, so we figured we would come Saturday and probably spend the night. Maybe we can get out of work early Friday and drive over on Friday and spend Friday night and head back on Saturday. Either way, I think we can only spend one night there.

Thanks for the interest, still evaluating the possible options.

How about CeBIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    How about CeBIT?
    Unfortunately, as I have to be back to the US for SCALE, I will not be sticking around for CeBit.... As much as I would like to since that's also Fasching/Karneval time

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately, as I have to be back to the US for SCALE, I will not be sticking around for CeBit.... As much as I would like to since that's also Fasching/Karneval time
    What a shame, I would have had the time to come to CeBIT

Any further news on meeting up in/around Munich this coming weekend?

Thanks,

Skeetre

Right now that there seems to be only 7~9 people that have expressed interest to me and likely be able to make it to Munich and from those it seems split between Friday and Saturday, so I don't think I'm going to end up organizing anything too worthwhile for Munich beyond some meetings I already have setup there.

That's too bad... I'd love to meet you, but I don't think it's worth driving 4-5 hours each way and getting a hotel room just to shake your hand.

Guess I'll be waiting until the official release later this month.

I've got 7 PCs lined up and reading for some testing!

Quote Originally Posted by skeetre View Post
    That's too bad... I'd love to meet you, but I don't think it's worth driving 4-5 hours each way and getting a hotel room just to shake your hand.

Guess I'll be waiting until the official release later this month.

I've got 7 PCs lined up and reading for some testing!
    No worries, I go to Germany/Bayern for business/Linux as much as possible. Will try to organize a LARGE Phoronix meet-up further in advance in the summer when it becomes biergarten weather when it's nice outside to have a maß, bretzn, and maybe some schweinshaxe while discussing Linux

A release candidate for your PCs should be out early this week if you want to give that a test too to ensure everything is solid and ready to go for your systems upon final. Submitting the data to OpenBenchmarking.org is also great