Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fglrx 11.1 released

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    the slim comes with the 11.2 catalyst driver
    I meant no disrespect . Just a random rant. I really don't mind the size of it, i just want it to work good until Gallium is good enough for games.

Quote Originally Posted by dekomote View Post
    I meant no disrespect . Just a random rant. I really don't mind the size of it, i just want it to work good until Gallium is good enough for games.
    no problem. 11.1 slim a bit but 11.2 slim more. 80mb last time i checked.

i don't think this driver work well on my system because i'm on kubuntu 11.04+xorg-edgers+2.6.38rc2 kernel.

maybe i test it on my second hardware with an differend installation.

maybe you did not notice the size INCREASE:

125176007 ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run
    125894486 ati-driver-installer-11-1-x86.x86_64.run

Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.

Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.
    Not all the time. Only skips couple of frames here and there but it's so f'ing annoying! r600c works flawlessly with video and 2d at least. I'm going back to it.

Default My considerations about Catalyst 11.1

Mobility Radeon HD2600 (r600 generation card):

Forget it, stick with Catalyst 10.7 + Xorg 1.8.x if you want to play your H264 videos properly with VAAPI (otherwise, videos will appear completely garbled... btw, with VC-1 videos, VAAPI still works ). The same problem also occours on Windows 7 (I don't have any kind of proper DXVA2 acceleration).
    (Arch x86_64 + 2.6.37-pf kernel)

Radeon HD4650AGP:

Everything is working properly, with a "customized" 2.6.38-rc2 kernel + Xorg Server 1.9.4RC... (Arch i686)
    The new "non-video-tearing" features slow down 3D performance a bit, but my movies now appear a bit smoother (at least on mplayer-vaapi).
    VAAPI acceleration is working as expected (decodes both H264/VC-1 videos properly).

Cheers

Tear free video is working, but it is quiet slowdown the framerate. And if I start moving a mouse for a while the playback framerate becomes a normal until I stop moving a mouse. Strange behavior...

FOSS driver handles videos extremely well. Well not with VAAPI, but still, i have no tearing and no skipping. Everything works as it should. If only it supported a tiny bit more games, but I guess that comes along good too. FOSS Driver FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by sovok_kpss View Post
    Tear free video is working, but it is quiet slowdown the framerate. And if I start moving a mouse for a while the playback framerate becomes a normal until I stop moving a mouse. Strange behavior...
    I saw that too. Video is playing nice while glxgears run! What is wrong with this picture?

I saw that too. Video is playing nice while glxgears run! What is wrong with this picture?
    I have to run two instances of glxgears to get normal playback