Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Has AMD Finally Fixed Tearing With Its Linux Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by jonyibandi View Post
    Hi!
    I have a Mobility HD2600Pro card in my laptop. The tear-free option was a pleasure for me in the catalyst control center, but if I enable it every videos (avi,wmv,mkv,mp4,mov...) is a bit slow or erratic.
    Without the enabled tear-free option, there is tearing, but glxgears gives 10000fps/5sec. How can I enjoy my movies again?
    Sadly I get the same thing: with tear free. The video is not as smooth with tear free enabled as with tear free disabled. Also using XINE and tear free, the audio & video slowly loose sync.

This on an HD4890 and on an E350.

Without the enabled tear-free option, there is tearing, but glxgears gives 10000fps/5sec. How can I enjoy my movies again?
    simple - use open ati/amd drivers. free tear-free video playing is included in package ;)
    tested on Mobility Radeon X2300 with r300g and RV770 CE [Radeon HD 4710] with r600g. not too many fps with gears though yet but zero X crashes & leaks too.

Hi!
    I have a Mobility HD2600Pro card in my laptop. The tear-free option was a pleasure for me in the catalyst control center, but if I enable it every videos (avi,wmv,mkv,mp4,mov...) is a bit slow or erratic.
    Which version of the driver are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mugginz View Post
    Which version of the driver are you using?
    I'm using the 11.3 catalyst driver. I can only play videos normally with xbmc. If I run xbmc, it overrides everything, so if I want to check my mails, I have to close xbmc...