Thread: Install Failed - non-zero exit status

Default Install Failed - non-zero exit status

I tried to install all of the of the tests for PTS 3.0 Beta 1. Four of the tests failed:

The following tests failed to install:

- pts/juliagpu-1.1.0
    - pts/mandelbulbgpu-1.1.0
    - pts/mandelgpu-1.1.0
    - pts/smallpt-gpu-1.1.0
    The error message is:

The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.
    I am trying to install on a Dell Latitude E6400 with Nvidia graphics card / Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Are these errors to be expected?

Also, the install-all command does not seem to be available. Will this be included in final 3.0 release?

You are likely missing the OpenCL header files needed by those OpenCL tests. Unfortunately the NVIDIA driver no longer bundles them with the driver nor are they easily attainable in any distribution repositories. You need to download the header files at Khronos.org and drop them into /usr/include/CL/ manually.

Thanks Michael, I'll give it a go.

Are all of the current tests in the beta release frozen (i.e. test files will not change, no new tests will be added and all of the tests are at the version that will be included with the final release)?

Quote Originally Posted by undoIT View Post
    Thanks Michael, I'll give it a go.

Are all of the current tests in the beta release frozen (i.e. test files will not change, no new tests will be added and all of the tests are at the version that will be included with the final release)?
    With PTS3, tests and suites are completely separated from the client and live out in the OpenBenchmarking.org cloud. They are frozen in the respect that you can always use the same version you want regardless of release (like a package management system) but new tests and suites can be added anytime pre or post release and will remain available until there is a break to the test profile specification. Though I personally don't plan to do many changes to the official tests prior to the 3.0 release as I am very busy.

Default the same kind of error message found when I do the test suite, how it comes?

Hi...there
    I 've met kind of the error message as below when I am testing OpenSSL on my device , it seem the same with this topic.

Is there any record or log tells me that what's wrong with my test?

BRs
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    OpenSSL:
    openssl
    Test 1 of 1
    Expected Trial Run Count: 4
    Started Run 1 @ 07:21:27
    The test exited with a non-zero exit status.
    Started Run 2 @ 07:21:29
    Started Run 3 @ 07:21:31
    Started Run 4 @ 07:21:33

Test Results:

Average: 0 Signs Per Second
    This test failed to run properly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Run: phoronix-test-suite debug-run openssl

here is the result log of running debug-run openssl
    @localhost openssl]$ cat /userdata/phoronix-tmp/installed-tests/openssl/openssl--315616803-4.log
    ./openssl: line 2: ./openssl_/bin/openssl: No such file or directory

I've check the path ./openssl_/, nothing inside!
    I 've no idea why it has nothing in it!
    Do I've to check the install.log?

Yes check the install log or re-run with: phoronix-test-suite debug-install openssl

hi there~~
    I just found that the installation is failed with error time-stamp between my test device and the PTS downloaded Makefile.
    after update my device time to current, it can finish test!!
    my suggestion is, PTS should tell tester that the installation has error to finish it, instead of running it by unknown state!!

BRs