Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: Fedora 7 ATI/AMD fglrx Discussion

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    they sell a board but they dont have the drivers!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    222

    Default

    whats an x2300? theres hd2400/2600/2900 and only the hd2900 have been released. i'm guessing support for those will come in the next couple of months. Maybe you meant x1300?

  3. #33

    Default

    There's the Mobility Radeon HD 2300, which he probably means.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    No, i mean what i say, there is a x2300, ati mobility radeon x2300, http://ati.amd.com/buy/promotions/asusa8jr/index.html
    but no drivers for linux anyway

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    222

    Default

    I just checked and there is a mobility HD2300 but its a rebranded X1000 series gpu so it should work with fglrx in theory

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    is not HD2300 is x2300, at least mine is x2300 the site is in my preview post

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Its the same thing. I guess they call x2300 to differentiate it from the R600 based GPUs. Still there should be support for this gpu in fglrx.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    ok ok
    i hope so!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default More info or ETA?

    Hi guys. I just joined phoronix tonight - I've been watching the thread(s) (and waiting) for the fglrx support in F7.

    I've been seeing a lot of: "You're just going to have to wait..." type responses like to wait 'till 8.38 or to use the vesa drivers or that it'll be due "sometime" in June.

    Now, I can understand that these things take time, but there are probably lots of folks (including myself) who rushed and downloaded F7 Final as soon as they could get their hands on it. Some (or all) of us are trying to decide whether to wipe and go back, wipe and go to a different distro, or whether to just wait 'till the "sometime in June". Or else, go out and buy a compatible video card from another vendor.

    Any information for an ETA on the next driver release would be much appreciated - as well as serve to calm some of the unrest over the driver issue.

    Thank you for your time,

    Harry

  10. #40

    Default

    It will ideally be pushed out towards the middle of the month and won't face multiple delays again... ideally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •