Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Disable Xinerama info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default Disable Xinerama info

    I have 3 screens, 1920x1080 each, vertical. Two on one GPU (GTX 470, Screen 0), and One on another GPU (GTX 465, Screen 1).

    I would like to *disable* Xinerama info so that applications are reported that there is just one, large, 5760x1080 screen. Is there a way to do this? Specifying --no-twinview-xinerama-info using nvidia-xconfig reports one 3840x1080 screen and one 1920x1080 screen, but I would like to disable all Xinerama information coming from the X server so that applications think they're running on one big monitor.

    Anyone do this before?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    769

    Default

    The nvidia driver only allows overriding of it's own xinerama information.

    But you're using the X.org Xinerama extension to join your screens. Having that extension report different screen geometries would require hacking said Xorg extension.

    You could also hack (or configure) your window manager. Some allow overriding Xinerama info, some don't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    The nvidia driver only allows overriding of it's own xinerama information.
    Yeah, this is apparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    But you're using the X.org Xinerama extension to join your screens. Having that extension report different screen geometries would require hacking said Xorg extension.
    There is a method to do this, but I'd much rather avoid nonstandard setups...

    Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    You could also hack (or configure) your window manager. Some allow overriding Xinerama info, some don't.
    WINE is being used to run some applications, so Wine 'is' the window manager in certain scenarios.

    Hmm. Why didn't the X developers think of allowing someone to just omit screen boundary information in Xinerama?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •