Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: GNOME 3.0 Laptop Change Frustrates Some Users

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dekomote View Post
    Themes look good, it's simple and beautiful.
    Great joke!

    Also, QT apps in Gnome look good. Gtk apps in KDE look bad.
    Blame freaking gtk.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Yet another reason to absolutely HATE gnome.
    The keep making decision that are simply plain stupid. Oh well, i'm glad i use KDE

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Clap, clap... clap..... nice going GNOME! </sarcasm>

    Like many in here, I'm glad I use KDE. "KDE, the free desktop environment that doesn't treat you like you're a dumbass".

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peppepz View Post
    GNOME is all about removing freedom of choice from the users. That's why I'm forced to use KDE, even if it's not exactly great.

    i.e. one that doesn't tell me that I don't need "cancel" buttons, but that doesn't need every window that opens to be resized and pruned from toolbars before getting usable.
    So please can you enligethen me, does kde give you the choice or freedom to not have cancel buttons or do you just want cancel buttons not the freedon of choice that you claim?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    KDE 3.5 and lower the Gnome trolls had 'Performance", "License" and "Software bloat" against KDE- in 4.3+, they've really got nothing. In a technical sense, KDE4 more or less has Gnome beat to a pulp.

    Still, certain people will prefer Gnome, others KDE4, others KDE3, and the rest of the crazies (just kidding) prefer Enlightenment/XFCE/etc...

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    That is because Qt and KDE make a concerted effort to work well under Gnome, while Gnome does not make such an effort to work well under KDE.
    Well, at least they are not trying to kill KDE anymore, or claim that it is the work of satan.

    See how far we've come since the early days?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazetsukai View Post
    KDE 3.5 and lower the Gnome trolls had 'Performance", "License" and "Software bloat" against KDE- in 4.3+, they've really got nothing. In a technical sense, KDE4 more or less has Gnome beat to a pulp.
    Guis are not about having more features, its also the look and feel and thats not only themes, thats how as example the buttons are sorted how big the buttons are... maybe also better default themes, we see on this discussion that much people do nearly hate gnome3.0 although its more powerful more advanced but they like their old buttons and panels and ... to staticly order their environment...

    In my opinion that is stupid small thinking like the world was always a disk, so it had to be a disk always if I give you a telescope you wont look through it or if the colour of the telescope has the wrong colour you deny it because of this.

    So yes maybe most here have looked it and did not instantly like it, so open a bit your mind, its a huge step forward, small edges will get round soon but if you wanna make new furniture by planing there falling away chippings. (another german saying ^^)

    And if you dont like it dont flame about it and get used to it fork it or use something other. You canīt blackmail the developers to make all your wishes send them money or ask if they do what you want for paying, they maybe are open to it then.

    Opensource is no musical request programme.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackiwid View Post
    So please can you enligethen me, does kde give you the choice or freedom to not have cancel buttons or do you just want cancel buttons not the freedon of choice that you claim?
    Wait what? You are trying to argue that KDE doesn't give users options, and the best example you can come up with is having "cancel" buttons? Does gnome give you the choice to enable or disable cancel buttons?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    Wait what? You are trying to argue that KDE doesn't give users options, and the best example you can come up with is having "cancel" buttons? Does gnome give you the choice to enable or disable cancel buttons?
    I was only going into the argument that peppepz brought up against gnome. So I bring nothing up, he did and I argued against it.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackiwid View Post
    I was only going into the argument that peppepz brought up against gnome. So I bring nothing up, he did and I argued against it.
    You are right, my apologizes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •