Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unigine OilRush Drills Closer To Release

Default Pretty Good FPS

It seemed the FPS were pretty good for a 4850 and a C2D, with settings maxed, but what if we want high AA/AF? Any chance on a freame rates if those are maxed?

Either foced by CCC or In game?

Wait a second.

I thought that OilRush also had an OpenGL ES 2.0 backend? There was an article about a mobile version some time ago here.

That should work with open drivers, or at least be fixable with reasonable effort.

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Wait a second.

I thought that OilRush also had an OpenGL ES 2.0 backend? There was an article about a mobile version some time ago here.

That should work with open drivers, or at least be fixable with reasonable effort.
    Unigine engine itself supports OpenGL ES 2.0, while Oil Rush doesn't since it utilizes more advanced features.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
    Let us pre-order already, Denis -- you need to let people test this game with a wide variety of distros and hardware combinations before release, so you have a chance to iron out any bugs before you start moving your development team off your released game to another project.

I'm willing to give you full retail price if you'll just let me test it and provide you with what are likely to be informative bug reports on any problems I had. The game looks fantastic and I am ready to give you my money, even if the game I initially download is disappointing in terms of completeness or bugs. I want to help. You're taking the Linux plunge; you deserve it.
    Thank you for your kind words! We do realize that QA and distros compliance is very important, that's why we do a lot of this work in-house. Anyway we would be happy to have more feedback after launching early access to the game.

BTW, pre-ordering is really very close, at the moment we are finalizing payment gateway integration.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    The game looks awesome. My only concern is that the units look so small on the screen that you can only see their wake and not the unit itself. I'm concerned this will impact gameplay.
    Unit size varies from a tiny scooter to submarine, so we use such camera distance to give a player good tactical view. Anyway there is a zoom option available if you want to see them in details.

Take a look at in-game screenshots: http://oilrush-game.com/screenshots/

Quote Originally Posted by zeealpal View Post
    It seemed the FPS were pretty good for a 4850 and a C2D, with settings maxed, but what if we want high AA/AF? Any chance on a freame rates if those are maxed?

Either foced by CCC or In game?
    Ya I want to see some "insane" graphics settings. Hopefully it will have a benchmark mode as well.

binstream,

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to transition from openGL on your PC versions to the PS3's libGCM/PSGL?

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Ya I want to see some "insane" graphics settings. Hopefully it will have a benchmark mode as well.
    1280x720, 8xAA, all other settings maxed: 43 FPS
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz / NVIDIA 9600GT 512 Mb
    Ubuntu 10.10, proprietary driver.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    binstream,

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to transition from openGL on your PC versions to the PS3's libGCM/PSGL?
    A month of work of our CTO.

Quote Originally Posted by binstream View Post
    1280x720, 8xAA, all other settings maxed: 43 FPS
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz / NVIDIA 9600GT 512 Mb
    Ubuntu 10.10, proprietary driver.
    Thats quite good compared to Heaven :P

I cant wait for the game