Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: fireglcontrolpanel + FC6

I might try to reinstall and see what happens. I tried creating the link and it didn't work. I am wondering if I am having a conflict with the 32bit stuff it needs that I think I have installed plus the 64 bit stuff I have installed.

As ati mentions on thier page.

The following 32 bit packages must be installed in order for 64 bit drivers to install and work properly:
    XFree86-Mesa-libGL
    libstdc++
    libgcc
    XFree86-libs
    fontconfig
    expat
    freetype
    zlib

At this link.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=300

Do you know if the 8.30 drivers allow the desktop effects?

take care,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobgun04 View Post
    I might try to reinstall and see what happens. I tried creating the link and it didn't work. I am wondering if I am having a conflict with the 32bit stuff it needs that I think I have installed plus the 64 bit stuff I have installed.

As ati mentions on thier page.

The following 32 bit packages must be installed in order for 64 bit drivers to install and work properly:
    XFree86-Mesa-libGL
    libstdc++
    libgcc
    XFree86-libs
    fontconfig
    expat
    freetype
    zlib

At this link.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=300

Do you know if the 8.30 drivers allow the desktop effects?

take care,
    Bob
    8.30 drivers do not allow desktop effects.
    One of the things I did to get it to work (as I described earlier with linking some off .so files) is try to compile the control panel as stated earlier in this thread. You might notice /usr/bin/ld reporting a few missing libraries (like -lqt not found) and you might try symbolically linking the .so lib files like I described earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by bobgun04 View Post
    I successfully compiled and installed the 8.30.3 drivers on an AMD64 machine. the only thing I did to get rid of the control panel problems was to create the following link:

ln -s /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/ /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64

as root.

I have followed the instructions in this post.

and made the following symlink

Code:
    ln -sf /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64 /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib
    I am now getting the following error

Code:
    [root@dh7c8rb1 ati]# make
    g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o  main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o  moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o    -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1  -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1

Thanks Michael and cardinal

As soon as I added the proper link is compiled perfectly with no errors. So thanks again. I was almost going to install ubuntu but I prefer Fedora.

Take care,
    Bob

Strange... I was getting this:
    [root@am64 ati]# make
    g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1 -L/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lXft
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1

And this fixed it:

[root@am64 ati]# ln -s /usr/lib64/fglrx/libGL.so /usr/lib

I have tried both symlinks with no success , i am borderline getting ready to start from scratch, not that I think that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by hookooekoo View Post
    I have tried both symlinks with no success , i am borderline getting ready to start from scratch, not that I think that will help.
    Are you running into the same error or what?

yeah the same one as posted above.

If you wanted, you could throw fireglcontrolpanel out of the RPM build process. If you need help with that just let me know.