Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
Not to be picky, and I know that high-end cards can be extremely expensive and that you only get a few free samples here and there from manufacturers, but:

What's the possibility of also testing high-end cards in the latest 3 generations? For example, Radeon HD4850 or better, HD5850 or better, HD6950 or better. For the most part I have only seen low-end cards in your tests lately, some of them are even passively cooled because they've had so much of the bulk of the card stripped out.
Earlier today I actually tried doing a comparison of classic Mesa, Gallium3D, and Catalyst on a Radeon HD 4890, Radeon HD 5770, and Radeon HD 6870. (I finally got a Radeon HD 6870.) But the Linux 2.6.38 Radeon DRM as of this morning fails to light up the display for the HD 6870.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
One other thing: Can you offer incentives to people who run phoronix-test-suite and successfully submit non-outlier data into openbenchmarking.org? For example, you could have a drawing to give away a free HD5850 to one lucky person, randomly selected from the list of people who submitted their results for a given test suite and had their results accepted into openbenchmarking.org. Having events like this occasionally would give you a nice burst of data flooding openbenchmarking.org, and having a large data set is key for people to have confidence in the reliability of the data.
We've already been working on a competition and hope to be giving away a complete Linux system from a Linux-friendly vendor as part of the OpenBenchmarking.org launch yet, but that sponsorship isn't finalized yet.