Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tear-free desktop

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61

    Wink Tear-free desktop

    At last! Just upgraded to the 11.2 driver from 10.x. I can finally say that all the tearing issues I encountered last year are gone! Finally!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emergence View Post
    At last! Just upgraded to the 11.2 driver from 10.x. I can finally say that all the tearing issues I encountered last year are gone! Finally!
    yay... now you can use your PC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    how to upgrade? clean install or just overwrite old driver ?

  4. #4

    Default

    I may be being stupid here but where exactly does this tearing usually occur?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naifla View Post
    how to upgrade? clean install or just overwrite old driver ?
    Always uninstall and re-install. Overwriting sometimes works if the driver didn't change too much between old and new versions but if it doesn't you end up with a mix of files that the uninstaller may not be able to fully handle.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    I may be being stupid here but where exactly does this tearing usually occur?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •