Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scheiße! RandR 1.4 Gets Yanked From X Server 1.10

Default Scheiße! RandR 1.4 Gets Yanked From X Server 1.10

Phoronix: Scheiße! RandR 1.4 Gets Yanked From X Server 1.10

Only a few days have passed since the release of X.Org Server 1.10 RC2, but another release candidate has now arrived. Given the short turnaround time since the previous release candidate and now being days away from the final release, it's a mundane release candidate, right? Actually, no. RandR 1.4 was just pulled in its entirety from xorg-server 1.10, which also caused the server's video ABI to now be bumped again...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTEzMA

"Scheiße" ??????? michael you drunk to much german beer...

but yes its a Verdamte, verfickte, dreckige, Rotzdreck arschgefickte verfluchte Überscheiße.

Stable release schedule window is not evil, if there is a lack of communication between developers of projects.

Besides, since Nvidia realizes that X will get replaced by default with Wayland in 3-4 years, it is probably planning on a slow transition to Wayland in the next like 2 years without telling anyone to not get constantly bothered by "ready yet??!! NO?? loosers!!" threads on their forum and elsewhere. So I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia's proprietary driver never gets to support XRandr 1.4 in X.

while reading this suddenly a question popped up in my head: does wayland have an analogue to X's ddx ? if it is, is it universal like xorg gallium state tracker (which is universal - in theory, broken - in practice), whole bunch of them or only something like shitty fbdev/vesa stuff ?

scheiße? that reminds me of something I wanted to do all day....where is the toilet paper

Thumbs down

What a poor headline. Adapting words from languages not being aware of is dubious and ridiculous.

Honestly, I call that "scheiße".

scheisse sounds funny in polish ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    too much german beer...
    There is no such thing!

Quote Originally Posted by NomadDemon View Post
    scheisse sounds funny in polish ^^
    Really? Could you point out the funniness? Is it when you pronounce it in German in an otherwise Polish sentence (scheize) or when you pronounce it in Polish, based on the German spelling (szaize)?
    Either way I don't get it. I am a native Polish speaker.