Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help debugging possible graphics-related crash

Okay, thank you so far, but my system seems to be seriously screwed up.
    First I removed the git drivers as far as I could by manually removing them from /usr/local. (there wasn't a "make uninstall" option)
    Xorg seems to successfully fall back on the Debian drivers. Games like Chromium still work but with small glitches. And Xorg still crashes.

Then I removed Section "DRI" in xorg.conf.
    To my surprise, the games still run as fast as if they had direct rendering, although glxinfo says no.
    And the crashes still happen.

I have no way out, I guess I have to live with it for the time being.
    At least it has become unlikely that the current Mesa driver is responsible.

Okay, so I tried again.
    I deleted my whole /usr/local directory. Finally all traces of the mesa drivers are gone and no longer loaded. My system is now rock solid, as far as I can see. But only 2D.
    Apart from the crashes I fixed another bug this way that caused graphics glitches when I moved areas, for example when a tooltip is opened inside Firefox and I scrolled with the wheelmouse. I decided to investigate further, maybe it was my window manager.

My previous mesa installation was ages old, so I tried to reinstall the current mesa, this time in /usr/local/xorg, so that I can remove it quickly without destroying other applications I have installed in /usr/local.

My problem are probably the following messages in Xorg.0.log:
    Code:
    (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
    (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
    I tried to follow the instructions at http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo.

These are basically my commands when I installed:
    Code:
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa

cd drm/
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/xorg
    make -j 3 ; make install ; cd ..

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/xorg/lib/pkgconfig"
    cd xf86-video-ati/
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/xorg

cd mesa/
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/xorg --enable-gallium-r600 --with-dri-driverdir=/usr/local/xorg/lib/dri/
    Then I added the line "/usr/local/xorg/lib" to /etc/ld.so.conf and executed "ldconfig".
    Then I added "/usr/local/xorg/lib/modules" to the ModulePath entry in xorg.conf, although this seems useless since there isn't a modules folder.
    I set this variable:
    LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/local/xorg/lib/dri/
    In xorg.conf I still have this section:
    Code:
    Section "DRI"
        Group      "dard"
        Mode       0666
    EndSection
    I thought this is everything I need, but glxinfo gives me:
    Code:
    name of display: :0.0
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig