Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 195

Thread: Name The Next ATI Driver Contest (2007)

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    well, yay for working TexturedVideo. hopefully.

    because that's what i meant by "doing it better" in 8.35, which was the last driver where it actually worked.
    I know what you meant by 8.35.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    53

    Exclamation

    8.50.1 "Why are we doing this? the OSS AVIVO driver replaced us!"

    I'm rooting for the avivo driver and now sporadically looking at this proprietary stuff... At least its possible to keep detailed track of the avivo driver...

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    913

    Default

    yup. i wish ati had some kind of detailed changelog.

    but then again, it could reveal lots of embarrassing development mistakes

  4. #44

    Default

    Start guessing for 8.40

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Heh... It's going to be the "minimal bugfixes because we're trying to get a new codebase out the door..." version, if you ask me.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    913

    Default

    8.40 - "3 crappy releases and one decent bugfix. let's do it again!" :]

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I wonder what the ATI guys will think if they see the jokes here?
    Or what are they thinking if they already saw them

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundown View Post
    I wonder what the ATI guys will think if they see the jokes here?
    Or what are they thinking if they already saw them
    Oh, trust me, Matthew Tippett and Co ARE reading this and the other forum threads on the subject of ATI's endeavors. The bad jokes HAVE to sting, but I'm of the opinion that he's tied up with a piggin' strand here on the drivers issue.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    448

    Default Working on that principle, then...

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Oh, trust me, Matthew Tippett and Co ARE reading this and the other forum threads on the subject of ATI's endeavors.
    Where would I send the output of atigetsysteminfo? Last night's attempt at using 8.39.4 calls for waaay more data than I could post here or paste into ATI's Linux feedback site.

    BTW, I have no idea what "Textured Video" is exactly, but I think it is what crashed my X server when I had finished playing a Quicktime movie file using "xine -V Xv".

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Where would I send the output of atigetsysteminfo? Last night's attempt at using 8.39.4 calls for waaay more data than I could post here or paste into ATI's Linux feedback site.
    You could email the data to michael [at] phoronix.com, and I can forward it on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •