Thread: Early Benchmarks Of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Default Early Benchmarks Of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Phoronix: Early Benchmarks Of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

By now you have likely read all about the features announced for Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" thus far along with seeing plenty of screenshots and videos showing off Launchpad, Mission Control, Versions, the improved mail client, and much more. But how does Apple's next-generation operating system perform? Well, here is a look at the performance of Mac OS X 10.7, including what are likely the first public benchmarks of Mac OS X Lion.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15737

What an impressive performance gains... oh, wait. I have the same when I use 32bit Linux vs 64 one.

Nice improvements so far.
    However I'd like to see how Lion performance under memory pressure conditions. Snow Leopard sucked great at that being unwilling to re-use 'Inactive' memory.

I'm surprised Apple gave you permission to benchmark their "alpha" of 10.7! And to actually call it a benchmark at the same time, while running a single-threaded kernel!

Well, either that, or you never obtained permission and you're in trouble...

Well, given how well it fared, I doubt they'll complain *too* loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
    I'm surprised Apple gave you permission to benchmark their "alpha" of 10.7! And to actually call it a benchmark at the same time, while running a single-threaded kernel!

Well, either that, or you never obtained permission and you're in trouble...
    They don't have any benchmarking clause in their eula.