Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

On Monday I reported that pre-ordering for Unigine's OilRush Linux game would be imminent. This morning, you can now pre-order this impressive game built atop the demanding but beautiful Unigine Engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have just pre-order mine, but no confirmation e-mail received... 5 minutes ago I have purchased and waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
      I have just pre-order mine, but no confirmation e-mail received... 5 minutes ago I have purchased and waiting...
      Ditto. I can't wait to play it.

Comment

If I pre order the Linux version will I need to buy a separate copy for Windows too?

Comment

Kinda sucks you have to decide for a platform. I prefer the "buy the game once - play were you want"-principle.
          'cause as it stands right now I probably wont be able to play this game on linux because I'm stuck with r600(c/g), since my laptop has switchable graphics and there's no way to make Catalyst work on it (actually I can't even get r600 to work with it right right now but I expect that to be fixed at some point :>). And while the FOSS-drivers have made great strifes recently it still doesn't look like they'll be able to run something like OilRush soon.
          If I'd get the windows-version alongside with my purchase I could atleast play it on windows in the meantime.
          Hell who am I talking to I'll probably still preorder the linux-version just to show them some support. :>

Comment

I would like to pre-order it, but I want to be able to play it under both windows and linux. However, the pre-order is for "OilRush for Windows" (or "OilRush for Linux").

And of course, I'm not willing to pay twice just to play it under 2 different platforms... So I guess I'm not gonna preorder it :/ .

Edit : this is kind of a +1 to Zhick..

Comment

Tricky. It's not likely to run on the open ATI drivers for the foreseeable future but I'm certainly not switching back to Catalyst and I'm not really in a position to run Windows outside a VM either. Do I buy it anyway to show support? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                Do I buy it anyway to show support? Hmm.
                If you have the money, I would say yes That way we'll (hopefully) have more native games coming our way.

Comment

Preordered the Linux version. No confirmation mail yet, but I can wait.

Comment

I have also pre-ordered, but I too haven't received any confirmation e-mail!
                    Somebody got theirs?

Comment

Working...
                    X