Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATi fglrx 8.38.7 Hotfix released!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,114

    Default ATi fglrx 8.38.7 Hotfix released!

    Not only Windows XP & Vista, now ATi releases Linux Hotfixes, too! This hotfix is intended to fix:

    "Using aticonfig --initial segfaults destroying xorg.conf file when run in X with Vesa driver."

    but in the Windows hotfixes it is just the current driver so it is possible that there are more changes.

    Can anyone test if these work with Fedora for example?

    http://support.ati.com/ics/support/K...estionID=28261

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Not only Windows XP & Vista, now ATi releases Linux Hotfixes, too! This hotfix is intended to fix:

    "Using aticonfig --initial segfaults destroying xorg.conf file when run in X with Vesa driver."

    but in the Windows hotfixes it is just the current driver so it is possible that there are more changes.

    Can anyone test if these work with Fedora for example?

    http://support.ati.com/ics/support/K...estionID=28261
    Fedora 7 support will not appear until 8.39.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    269

    Default

    According to some people hell should be frozen right now...

    ^_^

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Michael,

    when you say that Fedora 7 Support will not come until 8.39, then I guess it is already fixed in the Beta. And hotfixes usually don't just fix the bug listed in the Customer Care, but include the current driver (usually 2 days old instead of 14 year old when a new official driver is released), so it is possible that this hotfix already includes the Fedora fix IF this issue is fixed in beta.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundown View Post
    According to some people hell should be frozen right now...

    ^_^
    rofl
    Now wheres that HD2XXX support DAMNIT...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    906

    Default

    wow. i wish ati would do more hotfixes like this.

    they might consider pushing out xdeltas for people with bandwidth limits in such case.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    wow. i wish ati would do more hotfixes like this.

    they might consider pushing out xdeltas for people with bandwidth limits in such case.
    Maybe your wish comes true. I will keep you updated when a new hotfix gets released (which won't happen before at least one day after 8.39).

    But they won't pushing out xdeltas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •