Thread: A Week With OpenBenchmarking.org

Hybrid View

Default A Week With OpenBenchmarking.org

Phoronix: A Week With OpenBenchmarking.org

OpenBenchmarking.org has now been live for just under one week since launching it (and Phoronix Test Suite 3.0) from the Southern California Linux Expo when talking about making more informed Linux hardware choices. Here's some statistics on how it's going...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTE3Ng

My biggest complaint about the site is that the search via product model (eg 6870) still is very frustrating to use to find results.( And the results "mush" together on the returned hits).

I am not able to browse the site properly with rekonq (webkit): the result graphs are simply not displayed, and the text appears messed up. I would be great if you could fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by kbios View Post
    I am not able to browse the site properly with rekonq (webkit): the result graphs are simply not displayed, and the text appears messed up. I would be great if you could fix this.

Are they using a very outdated version of WebKit that lacks (or contains broken) SVG support?

Well, it's reported as AppleWebKit/533.3 (the default in kubuntu 10.10). The test http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MAN.../svg_tests.php seems to work fine.

Default how to

I looked at this web and all I can say is that looks exactly like if it was made by programmer. Sections of the page are divided by inner concepts of application itself (profiles, tests) that new visitor have no idea how to translate into something meaningful. Desperately missing is some how-to on the front page, to explain what to do and how to run/see/compare benchmarks.