Thread: Nouveau: Where It Stands Today

Hybrid View

Default Nouveau: Where It Stands Today

Phoronix: Nouveau: Where It Stands Today

The last time we had written an article on Nouveau, the community project working on developing an open-source 3D display driver for NVIDIA hardware, was this past January after being enlightened by glxgears finally being able to run on NVIDIA's NV4x GPUs. Since then many developments have occurred with this open-source NVIDIA driver as we have covered in several news postings. In this article today we will share with you where the Nouveau project stands today from a user perspective as well as testing out the driver on a few more NVIDIA systems.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=10372

I wish Avivo would progress this fast. Let's see what the future brings.

Does anyone know the status of TwinView/Multihead support with either nv or nouveau drivers? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pipe13 View Post
    Does anyone know the status of TwinView/Multihead support with either nv or nouveau drivers? Thanks!

I've started on randr-1.2 support in a branch, but it really only works on nv28 and only if you power up with the monitors are plugged in and only if planets align..

I'm hoping to get back to this when I get a laptop with an nvidia chip in it in September hopefully.. as at the moment it'll cause regression if I merge it over..