Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 On The Phoronix Test Suite

Default Half-Life 2 On The Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix: Half-Life 2 On The Phoronix Test Suite

As some may have heard, via Twitter or in other communications, with Phoronix Test Suite 3.2-Grimstad we'll be ramping up several key areas of our open-source benchmarking software and with our collaborative testing platform, OpenBenchmarking.org, and our continuous integration system, Phoromatic. From this already, Half-Life 2 and 3DMark are running by the Phoronix Test Suite...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI1Nw

Sounds really nice.
    Btw.. is there a way to see a bit more technical info from Half-life test results, like graphics card, version of drivers/xorg/wine etc.

Quote Originally Posted by a7v-user View Post
    Sounds really nice.
    Btw.. is there a way to see a bit more technical info from Half-life test results, like graphics card, version of drivers/xorg/wine etc.
    Yes, the Wine detection improvements are forthcoming.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yes, the Wine detection improvements are forthcoming.
    I thought it's a native client, playable using steams Linux version. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    I thought it's a native client, playable using steams Linux version. Just kidding.
    Support for the native Half-Life 2 will be added in 3 months time in sync with the official release of Steam for Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertime View Post
    Support for the native Half-Life 2 will be added in 3 months time in sync with the official release of Steam for Linux.
    You Phoronix guys have some inside connections with Valve regarding Steam for Linux. Is this a hint that Steam for Linux is coming this June?

Wink

hl2 is something nice as game , but i do not understand why you did not selected quake4 and prey in their linux build .
    that would promote the good teams and you will see bugs that will help with next games .

may be you should also try to create hl.exe for linux for your benches , using the same "reverse engineering" that with nv_nouveau_drivers , using the linux dedicated files should make it easy to transplant this opengl game .
    may be that would accelerate hl2 linux too . did not macos use only opengl ?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroepoch View Post
    You Phoronix guys have some inside connections with Valve regarding Steam for Linux. Is this a hint that Steam for Linux is coming this June?
    :P nope just an example of the made up nonsense written by some phoronix readers :P

Default Ekofisk?

Lol, I have really come to love the release names of the benchmarking tools. Great fun in Swedish :-D

Quote Originally Posted by korpenkraxar View Post
    Lol, I have really come to love the release names of the benchmarking tools. Great fun in Swedish :-D
    Hehe. OpenBenchmarking.org codenames are oil terminology and PTS codenames are currently Norwegian cities. So when a particular component is tied to the two, that leaves Norwegian oil fields from the always-beautiful Statoil And Ekofisk is one of the fields not far off from Stavanger.