What Would Be Crazy For Linux Right Now
Phoronix: What Would Be Crazy For Linux Right Now
There's already been some to think that Postal III being pushed back and its unknown Linux fate being some early April Fools' Day joke, but unfortunately that's not the case. You won't find any April Fools' news items on Phoronix, but if there were some "crazy" Linux announcements, what would they be?..
Had to sneak in the obligatory Steam/Source is STILL coming to Linux line. I got a chuckle out of that. It's like the official Phoronix running gag now.
Steam for Linux is so much a gag as Duke Nukem Forever. It *is* coming, but no one ever believes it until they see it and why should they.
Btw. Michael, did you know Crysis 2 is DirectX 9 only...
You should add "Skype for Linux - new Version" to this topic!
VIA open-source developers unite and decide on one code base. 3D acceleration coming soon!
Another crazy announcement would be Canonical and Gnome decide to work together!
- an aposid gnome version...yeh, that would be cool. (or just a .deb based rolling-release distribution).
- a game like ET:QW but with an unlock-system (like Battlefield) for weapons/techs and lots of players
- a semi-realistic ego-shooter (americas army like), set to the future (for laz0rs pewpew) with campaign mode, awesome graphics and vehicles (maybe weapon unlock-system (like Battlefield, yes I like that))
- Visual Studio for Linux (gosh, I would even pay for that) with mono implementation (monodevelop is not even close to that)
yeh, that sums it up pretty much. and yes I would get a nerdgasm from any of that.
- an aposid gnome version...yeh, that would be cool. (or just a .deb based rolling-release distribution with standard desktop set to gnome).
sorry forgot that bold text.
Some other "crazy" linux headlines.
Linux resolves all issues presented in the "Why Desktop Linux (still) Sucks and What We Can Do to Fix It"
Gnome, KDE, Xfce & LXDE to unite into one universal linux desktop called KGXL
Originally Posted by virtualspectre8