Thread: fglrx on Fedora 8, missing GLX?

Default fglrx on Fedora 8, missing GLX?

One strange thing has happened when installing Fedora 8 onto my girlfriend's laptop with a Radeon X1100 (RS485): The fglrx drivers from Livna installed just fine, but upon trying to run any GLX application (starting with Compiz), it was not possible. Upon usual debugging, i found some strange messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log about fglrx not supporting a number of 'modes'. Then glxinfo would hang with 100% CPU utilization and no actual display of the output. Further down the debug path, glxgears showed only a white window and very low FPSs. However upon running fgl_glxgears, the program does run and shows "normal" FPSs. I'm not sure what the problem is, all the configuration seems to be OK, apparently. Anyone else seen this? By the way, fglrxinfo is just normal, and (apparently already a known problem) CCC is not working with an error message about a declared condition not met.

Yeah i got this problem too, everything seems to be ok, but when I run glxinfo, sometimes it hangs and cpu usage reaches maximum.

Whenever I wanna play a game, I run glxinfo till it won't hang and after that I run the game, but upon exit, it does not! then I should restart x to be able to use laptop again

Anyone got any idea? Fedora 8 with fglrx 8.42.3 from livna

At least you are able to run glxinfo, I can't even do that.

Why? Does it hang, or some other problem?
    glxgears runs smoothly after initing glxinfo!

If you found a solution plz let me know.