Which will give better server performance?
Alright, im new to the forums here.. so hi
Now, mainly i have a question about 2 differant setup's. Currently i have
• Motherboard SuperMicro X7DBR-E Intel Xeon DualCore DualProc SATA
• Processor Intel Xeon-Clovertown 5320-QuadCore
• System Memory 2GB 533ECC FB-DIMM[2GB]
• Drive Controller 3Ware 9550SX SATA II Controller
• Hard Drive Western Digital WD Caviar RE 16 WD2500YD [250GB]
Thats for my server.
Now, a friend is wondering how his will perform comparing to mine. He hasnt gotten it yet, but is curious as to how it stacks up. I tried searching for info on his, but couldnt find it, i did however read the article on the Xeon 5300 series processors.
Now i know his is 4gb of RAM, so it will help, but im mainly wanting to compare the Processors, but would also like an overal opinion
So the specs he is looking at are as follows:
Core2Quad 2.4Ghz (Q6600)
DDR2 5300 4GB (Non-ECC; unregistered)
7200 RPM 250GB HD
Thanks in advance
Edit: I realize i made 2 topics, i didnt realize i did and have already reported it
Last edited by Survivor; 07-24-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Reason: Fixed title