Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: ATI fglrx 8.31.5 - error while building RPMs

  1. #11

    Default

    See www.livna.org for fglrx driver RPMs, though those aren't built using the included packaging scripts.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    See www.livna.org for fglrx driver RPMs, though those aren't built using the included packaging scripts.
    Realise that this thread is a bit old now, and since i don't even use fedora anymore (due to the problems with the ATI drivers) it might be a bit irrelevent, but i solved the -lqt dependency problem when building the fireglpanel from source. I simply invoked
    ln -s /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so /usr/lib/libqt.so
    as root

    Sorts it out on mandriva anyway. Hope this might help someone in the future.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Michael, sorry for not replying for so long (illness prevented me from doing this). I have installed the drivers from livna.org. It seems to me that video has improved, but I haven't 3D accelleration. I suppose that something should be written in xorg.conf, but what? (These options change from version to version.)

    lebabyg, perhaps you are right. I'll try your method, when I have time.

    P.S. Merry Cristmas to all Phoronix Forums Members!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default fixed for me

    yum install libXext-devel libXmu-devel libSM-devel libXxf86vm-devel compat-libstdc++-33 qt-devel
    ln -s /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so
    ln -s /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib64 /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib


    then it builds for me


    What utter crap that ATI can't at least tell you what fscking requisites are needed.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8

    Arrow Problem Solved

    Hey, I've finally managed to install ATi fglrx drivers correctly and get 3D acceleration. The solution was quite simple: I'd installed both Gnome & KDE (without installing additional libraries, as I did last time).

    I don't know what was the real cause of my problem, but it is solved for the time being. Thanks to all, who took part in helping me!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •