Thread: A New Stable Release Of Wine: 1.2.3

Hybrid View

Default A New Stable Release Of Wine: 1.2.3

Phoronix: A New Stable Release Of Wine: 1.2.3

While exciting work continues going into the Wine 1.3 development branch, for those reliant upon running their Windows programs under Linux in a more well-tested configuration, a new Wine 1.2 stable point release has arrived. Wine 1.2.3 is this new version...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTMwNg

Default Particularly strange question

Does anyone have tried to install Steam with wine, and install/run games with it ?

I'm thinking about testing it some day, as the latest games I bought were on Steam. And early tricks are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Does anyone have tried to install Steam with wine, and install/run games with it ?

I'm thinking about testing it some day, as the latest games I bought were on Steam. And early tricks are welcome
    I've been using wine for years now (contributing Patches, AppDB reviews and such)...I can't say a bad word about the community, all games I've every wanted to play through wine have worked flawlessly, if there's a problem the community investigates and try there hardest to 'fix' the issues, if the contrary, its nvidia or xorg fault.