No announcement yet.

Here's The Third Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm looking into this ATI_draw_buffers mess because our code doesn't use it. This is from the compiled shader:

Code:
    !!ARBfp1.0
    OPTION ATI_draw_buffers;
    OPTION ARB_precision_hint_nicest;
    # cgc version 3.0.0007, build date Jul 22 2010
    # command line args: -q -profile arbfp1 -entry mesh_deferred_all -O3 -bestprecision -po ARB_draw_buffers,NumTemps=4096,NumInstructionSlots=16384,NumTexInstructionSlots=16384,NumMathInstructionSlots=16384,MaxTexIndirections=16384,MaxLocalParams=512,MaxDrawBuffers=4,ARB_draw_buffers
    Nice job Nvidia! Using a potentially unsupported extension without checking and against my explicit orders.

Comment

Originally posted by turol View Post
      Post a screenshot please. It sounds like multiple render targets are not correctly supported and so lighting is not rendered correctly.
      I also have this color problem.
      Screenshot
      RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
        I also have this color problem.
        Screenshot
        The lights are missing. Which means that deferred phase is not working. Which means that most likely G-buffers are not filled correctly because multiple render targets do not work. This should probably be filed as a bug against the driver.

Comment

The game work correctly with the Eric ATI_draw_buffer patch, thanks!

Trine was laggy as hell on my r600g.rv770 but everything was at maximum setting with fullscreen over two monitors I will test with more reasonable setting this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by turol View Post
            The lights are missing. Which means that deferred phase is not working. Which means that most likely G-buffers are not filled correctly because multiple render targets do not work. This should probably be filed as a bug against the driver.
            I have filled one:
            RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

(haven't read the previous posts)
              Bought this bundle, and, to my big surprise, all the games work with r300g! Had to remove a bunch of the shipped libraries (libGLEW in particular) to make them run. However, Trine is mostly blue and I can't really see anything, so that game's not playable at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post

Trine was laggy as hell on my r600g.rv770 but everything was at maximum setting with fullscreen over two monitors I will test with more reasonable setting this evening!
                That is good newz!
                Actually the game is laggy with highest settings and resolution, on RV770 with fglrx too.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  Originally posted by RavFX View Post

That is good newz!
                  Actually the game is laggy with highest settings and resolution, on RV770 with fglrx too.
                  Actually, the game is laggy with highest settings and resolution, on RV710 with fglrx on Windows too YMMV though

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                    Sorry for not mentioning that before, but I hoped that you would run that command after removing two libraries.

As you can see, your backtrace is almost identical to backtrace in my post.
                    Removing libX11.so.6 and libxcb.so.1 should fix problems with xcb_send_request(it's involved, I don't know the cause) but apparently you have another problem besides that.

I don't know what is wrong but backtrace after removing two libraries should help or at least shed some light on what check next.
                    Yeah, I realized I posted the wrong backtrace. When I removed them, the game tried to run, but crashed with this:
                    Code:
                    Error compiling shaders. Make sure your GPU supports Shader Model 3.0. Additional details may be found in the log.
                    Also, the backtrace during this was the following:
                    Code:
                    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
                    [New Thread 0xb5d3db70 (LWP 12392)]
                    [New Thread 0xb4effb70 (LWP 12393)]
                    [New Thread 0xb031bb70 (LWP 12394)]
                    [Thread 0xb031bb70 (LWP 12394) exited]
                    Fatal error: Error compiling shaders. Make sure your GPU supports Shader Model 3.0. Additional details may be found in the log.
                    [Thread 0xb4effb70 (LWP 12393) exited]
                    Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
                    0xb7fe1424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
                    #0  0xb7fe1424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
                    #1  0xb692d6b6 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
                    #2  0xb5f713ab in g_poll () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                    #3  0xb5f6120f in ?? () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                    #4  0xb5f61993 in g_main_loop_run () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                    #5  0xb7989a7f in gtk_dialog_run () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
                    #6  0x08073fa9 in ?? ()
                    #7  0x08114660 in ?? ()
                    #8  0x0813b6d5 in ?? ()
                    #9  0x081bb61b in ?? ()
                    #10 0x08390a6b in ?? ()
                    #11 0xb687fdb6 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
                    #12 0x08050841 in ?? ()
                    A debugging session is active.

Inferior 1 [process 12389] will be killed.
                    Which talks of a log file, but I can't seem to locate it.

Comment

Which distro do you use? For mesa you need a mesa git snapshot from 2011-04-14 or newer, otherwise it will not start.

Comment

Working...
                      X