Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozenbyte Bundle Already Rakes In $250k USD

Default Frozenbyte Bundle Already Rakes In $250k USD

Phoronix: Frozenbyte Bundle Already Rakes In $250k USD

The Third Humble Indie Bundle just went live this morning and it's already raked in more than $250,000 USD and around 50,000 sales...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTMyMg

Now they just need to get their games to actually work (or at least come close to working) with open drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plombo View Post
    Now they just need to get their games to actually work (or at least come close to working) with open drivers.
    Better yet, get open drivers to work with the games.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Better yet, get open drivers to work with the games.
    I have no problem with that mindset, but it would help if Trine did something other than segfault with open drivers. (It could be something else that's making it segfault, but I doubt it.)

frozenbyte deserved this bundle, they have very nice games, but have been somewhat overlooked.

these bundles have become like blackfriday (maybe even better lol)

as for unigine bundle (or in a bundle) someday, that would be awesome

The Shadowgrounds games are pretty cool. Some of the better indie games I've played in a while.

Default They should have known better

In talking with Unigine Corp prior to the pre-ordering process, they hoped their low-cost DRM-free pre-ordering-gets-you-beta would go in a manner like the Humble Indie Bundles in terms of sales.
    They were selling a pre-order/unsupported beta, while humble bundle is selling multiple complete games. They were also asking $20, while the humble bundle is averaging only $11 for Linux gamers, and much less on the other platforms.

But most importantly, everyone knows about these humble bundle promotions because they've been popular and good deals in the past. Everyone likes them and looks forward to the next one. No one ever heard about Unigine's offer unless they came to Phoronix.

This was my first time buying the bundle, because I wanted Trine.
    It runs really great.

My third bundle.. but I'm tired of getting screwed on the installers. .tar.gz? .run? gtfo.

I bought it for $5. They get the other $45 when they've got proper .deb files, and I told them so.

Quote Originally Posted by ethana2 View Post
    My third bundle.. but I'm tired of getting screwed on the installers. .tar.gz? .run? gtfo.

I bought it for $5. They get the other $45 when they've got proper .deb files, and I told them so.
    Right.

For which specific Debian flavor, original or Ubuntu?

Which version(s) of that flavor?

And given the current lack of multi-arch support in Debian distros... for which architecture?

And the RPM folks... which distros should they make RPMs for? And which archs? And which versions of which distros?

And then what about the Arch Linux users, Gentoo users, BSD users, Slackware users, etc.?

Sure would be swell if upstream software distributors could make a single .package file for which every distro included some kind of nice GUI app with which to do an easy double-click-the-damn-file install, like an MSI but without the crack-addled ridiculousness, and with dependency resolution using if nothing else a pre-defined set of well-established platform definitions...

... and it sure would be nice if I had the freaking time to work on that project. :/ ... instead I spend what little free time i have playing indie games. Screw you, Humble Bundle!