Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 Beta 2 "Natty Narwhal" Released

Default Ubuntu 11.04 Beta 2 "Natty Narwhal" Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 11.04 Beta 2 "Natty Narwhal" Released

There's just two weeks left until the planned release of Ubuntu 11.04, a.k.a. the Natty Narwhal. With the release candidate for Natty having been dropped due to scheduling issues around Easter, a second beta was released today by Canonical as the final pre-release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTMyOQ

- The Linux 2.6.38 kernel, Mesa 7.10.1, GCC 4.5.2, dpkg 1.16, X.Org Server 1.10 are the core components of the stack.
    mesa 7.10.2, xserver 1.10.1.902

Mr. Hooker - It would be better just to say mesa 7.10.x and xserver 1.10.x, no? Ubuntu is going to provide updates for stable branches, right? At least, I thought that's the direction they were headed..

To this day Unity still receives very mixed reviews with various concerns over its premature adoption and not yet being ready to replace the GNOME desktop without notable regressions.
    The same about Gnome Shell, but Unity is much better in my opinion.

The same about Gnome Shell, but Unity is much better in my opinion.
    I kinda feel the opposite. I've been playing with Unity and gnome-shell on my laptop and I prefer the window management of gnome-shell. They do still need to work on the customization options, but the current base functionality seems pretty nice.