Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Avivo R500 Driver Gets TMDS Fixes

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,678

    Default Avivo R500 Driver Gets TMDS Fixes

    Phoronix: Avivo R500 Driver Gets TMDS Fixes

    Jerome Glisse (the lead Avivo driver developer) has fixed TMDS issues with the ATI Radeon X1000 series hardware. The latest Avivo git driver changes how the TMDS is programmed (see the git commit for more information).

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk5Mw

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MN, United States
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Cool, so this means that 0.1.0 should be out pretty soon. Thats good news.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    448

    Default It initialises OK, but still doesn't recover from sleep.

    Thinkpad T60p with FireGL V5250, running Fedora 7. Native resolution is 1680x1050. The Xserver starts fine, but when I close and reopen the lid, the display is full of garbage.

    This does not happen with the fglrx 8.40.4 driver.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Thinkpad T60p with FireGL V5250, running Fedora 7. Native resolution is 1680x1050. The Xserver starts fine, but when I close and reopen the lid, the display is full of garbage.

    This does not happen with the fglrx 8.40.4 driver.
    Can you do radeondump before closing the lid with avivo (and proper display i guess) and after while the screen is corrupted (you could do dump over ssh). Please remember to do about 5 dumps in each situation with doing things btw dump (opening window, moving mouse, moving window, ...) thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    448

    Default I can ssh into this laptop.

    Quote Originally Posted by glisse View Post
    Can you do radeondump before closing the lid with avivo (and proper display i guess) and after while the screen is corrupted (you could do dump over ssh). Please remember to do about 5 dumps in each situation with doing things btw dump (opening window, moving mouse, moving window, ...) thanks.
    Using the power of ssh, I'll be able to get the radeondump without touching either the laptop's keyboard or mouse .

    Do you want a radeondump with fglrx as well?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Using the power of ssh, I'll be able to get the radeondump without touching either the laptop's keyboard or mouse .

    Do you want a radeondump with fglrx as well?
    Why not, btw take care to give different name to avivo dump like avivook then lidclosed

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26

    Default

    That last fix 'cut and paste thing' has broken the driver for me. I'm on Thinkpad T60p, FireGL V5200 (pci id 1002:71c4). The problem is that every second pixel column is white and the next one is what it should follow the picture. So only half of the screen is shown horizonally (but vertically it's ok). The driver worked well with the previous versions, also worked well with the one that had that paste bug. My native resolution is 1600x1200.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambro814 View Post
    That last fix 'cut and paste thing' has broken the driver for me.
    Same here I'm afraid - T60, X1400, 1400x1050 panel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3

    Post

    I also got a Mobility FireGL V5200 (Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H240).

    Commit acb551a3589ab6f528113793a1f4a1d242c25461 breaks the driver for me. I only get a black LVDS. Maybe the external DVI works, but I will not be able to test until later. The xorg logs show no differences though.

    Using rev 1ce0eaf4b67ef841a608b02b4c031b532d17490 again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Ok, the latest commits from today have got me working again - thanks Jerome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •