Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Im mad as HELL! at Microsoft, Crytek and EA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default Im mad as HELL! at Microsoft, Crytek and EA

    I buy Linux games when and where I can, but lets face it, all of the good and cutting edge games are on Windows, and I have a dual boot with Windows for this purpose, Like many other Linux gamers I'm sure. I have noticed a disturbing trend developing that has me pretty worried for the future of PC gaming, and it is ALL about Microsoft! I've heard all of the stories, but it is obvious now more than ever that the PC as a gaming platform is dying, and developers can't work fast enough to kill it. Crysis2 shipped today for Windows, Xbox and PS3.. Having played Crysis for the past 3 years, and it being my favorite game, you can imagine my distress when I purchased the game and found out that the game was ONLY SUPPORTING Directx9.0c at launch! A DX11 patch is supposed to come later.. WTF!!?? So, the newest edition of the series that was the epitome of PC gaming just got neutered to make the xbox version of the game look almost as good! I really wish game developers would adopt an OPEN standard (OpenGl) but as long as developers only see the dollar signs attatched to console\Microsoft cash cow , the PCs days as a platform for gaming are almost over. If nobody cares about Windows gaming anymore, there will never ever be any room for Linux gaming... I see Microsofts vision, a PC for work and an Xbox for play in every home in the world, and all Microsoft software running everything-- oh what a world that would be.. Sorry for the rant, Im pretty upset..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    187

    Default

    I'm just waiting for Nintendo to get into the OS market and give Microsoft a right royal kick up the ass.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    I'm actually in favor of decisions like this. I'd like to avoid upgrading my system every other year because it can't run DX13 or OpenGL 5.8.

    For me, keeping the hardware requirement lower because of the consoles is a very, very good thing for my wallet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    342

    Default 360

    360 is still Dx 9c

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terracide View Post
    it is ALL about Microsoft!
    Don't pay them a cent. Nothing. Zero.
    Deus Ex :Invisible War was killed same way, so...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevertime View Post
    I'm just waiting for Nintendo to get into the OS market and give Microsoft a right royal kick up the ass.
    I don't know who is uglier of them: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony.
    But as long as you pay them money for what they do, you support them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    i fix that microsoft problem in that way: my last games i spend money on: HON(linux-clind),world of goo(linux clind),Oil-rush(linux-clind) and the humble indie bundle.

    hey Microsoft if you read my message here: Fuck you!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Dont forget that EA drm of limited installs requiring online activation.
    So far the PC reviews are low by the users , the game "critics" are all glowing but after the turd that was Dragon Age 2, the truth about "professional "game reviewers are coming out.
    Anyway checkout the amazon pc reviews of the game to see what i mean.
    Once again pc users were screwed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Merida
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dredhammer View Post
    So far the PC reviews are low by the users , the game "critics" are all glowing but after the turd that was Dragon Age 2, the truth about "professional "game reviewers are coming out.

    Just now you noticed?
    Anyway, it was amusing hearing all the fanboys praise the game and how good it looked and what not, despite all the evidence pointing that it was going to be multiplatform and the engine had been considerably "toned down" in order to accommodate the primary console audience. Haven't even bothered to check what they are saying now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in front of my box :p
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Yeah, I stopped reading these mags... uh... well... mhm. When was Quake2 out? Long ago. They just write stupid blah blah, often they're all for graphics not for gameplay and if there is an advertisement of the publisher in the mag the reviews will rarely go true/bad.

    Sad to hear that DA2 is such a mess. I liked DAO a lot, but I feared since I heard about the preformed character.

    I really hate these game consoles (though I kinda admire the tech and inventions of the Wii) since everything is made for these stupid consoles and the PC versions look like it. No savegames, no decent input no console no this no that. Like, "oh, damn, there was still that PC", ok let's take the exact same source for the console and compile it for x86 w32. If it compiles sell it. Don't even bother testing it.

    But what are these game consoles? Nothing! No input, no freedom, barred with DRM, no applications, no universal use. Just buy them and pay the high priced games afterwards and don't dare to homebrew anything.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terracide View Post
    I buy Linux games when and where I can, but lets face it, all of the good and cutting edge games are on Windows, and I have a dual boot with Windows for this purpose, Like many other Linux gamers I'm sure. I have noticed a disturbing trend developing that has me pretty worried for the future of PC gaming, and it is ALL about Microsoft! I've heard all of the stories, but it is obvious now more than ever that the PC as a gaming platform is dying, and developers can't work fast enough to kill it. Crysis2 shipped today for Windows, Xbox and PS3.. Having played Crysis for the past 3 years, and it being my favorite game, you can imagine my distress when I purchased the game and found out that the game was ONLY SUPPORTING Directx9.0c at launch! A DX11 patch is supposed to come later.. WTF!!?? So, the newest edition of the series that was the epitome of PC gaming just got neutered to make the xbox version of the game look almost as good! I really wish game developers would adopt an OPEN standard (OpenGl) but as long as developers only see the dollar signs attatched to console\Microsoft cash cow , the PCs days as a platform for gaming are almost over. If nobody cares about Windows gaming anymore, there will never ever be any room for Linux gaming... I see Microsofts vision, a PC for work and an Xbox for play in every home in the world, and all Microsoft software running everything-- oh what a world that would be.. Sorry for the rant, Im pretty upset..
    I read some "rumours" that the DirectX 11 patch will come later because NVIDIA delayed it. As per usual take this with sacks of salt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •