Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel Pushes Open-Source Support For Ivy Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    There's one common point... If you don't understand it now, it should become apparent soon.
    Is this meant to be a serious news site or jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabauke View Post
    Is this meant to be a serious news site or jeopardy?
    Somewhere between I should think; closer to Wired than The New York Times. Really it's a one man show with a limited audience, and good for him for keeping it going.

He probably has been told (off the record?) that some code is coming and wants to make a big TOLD YOU SO moment out of when it arrives to put pie in the face of all the ney-sayers. Trying to build it up by pulling a Gabbo.

Default Charles Babbage

Some people have the ability to think broadly and can see connections among many points, thats how scientists come to know about unknown.

works from Charles Babbage made some think today's PC is coming

Quote Originally Posted by imamdxl View Post
    Some people have the ability to think broadly and can see connections among many points, thats how scientists come to know about unknown.

works from Charles Babbage made some think today's PC is coming
    Huh ???
    What's the point ???

jbarnes is offline PCI Maintainer for Linux, X.Org developer, DRM developer, Mesa developer

Default Curious...

Ok, now I'm curious. Michael said we released this code at about the worst time possible, and I gathered that was because we'd be overshadowed by some other news event. But I haven't seen anything big announced lately that seems relevant... but maybe I'm just not casting my net wide enough.

Michael?

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
    Ok, now I'm curious. Michael said we released this code at about the worst time possible, and I gathered that was because we'd be overshadowed by some other news event. But I haven't seen anything big announced lately that seems relevant... but maybe I'm just not casting my net wide enough.

Michael?
    Royal wedding plus shuttle launch maybe ? What are the chances of *those* happening on the same day ?

jbarnes is offline PCI Maintainer for Linux, X.Org developer, DRM developer, Mesa developer

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Royal wedding plus shuttle launch maybe ? What are the chances of *those* happening on the same day ?
    Heh, well I'm glad we didn't wait until tomorrow then. But still I'm curious (though it's not like I was trying to generate a bunch of excitement about some early enabling code!

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
    Heh, well I'm glad we didn't wait until tomorrow then. But still I'm curious (though it's not like I was trying to generate a bunch of excitement about some early enabling code!
    Just very bad timing for me personally with packing for three weeks of Europe, writing six articles, bisecting power regression, etc etc.

Default Broken dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just very bad timing for me personally with packing for three weeks of Europe, writing six articles, bisecting power regression, etc etc.
    Gosh, Michael! I was preparing to play HL2 on Linux native

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Gosh, Michael! I was preparing to play HL2 on Linux native
    Haha, yeah he had my hopes up too! Well have a good trip anyway Michael.