Thread: Fedora 8 Will Not Include KDE 4.0

Default Fedora 8 Will Not Include KDE 4.0

Phoronix: Fedora 8 Will Not Include KDE 4.0

Rex Dieter has announced that the KDE spin of Fedora 8 will not include KDE 4.0 by default. The KDE 4.0 desktop environment may appear later in the Fedora repository, but it will not ship with Fedora 8.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjAxNw

Kubuntu 8.04 will not ship KDE4, too. But there will be an unsupported KDE4-LiveCD, just like with Kubuntu 7.10.

Yeah, wtf. How did they get that wrong? Pretty disappointing fact checking there phoronix... even for the web.

When you don't know that it doesn't come with 8.04, you will be sure that it will come. Calm down, jkrud.

At first, I was disappointed that many distributions doesn't include KDE4 when it comes out, but maybe it's better this way.

Oh, and this is a desktop environment related thread: Gnome sucks

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    When you don't know that it doesn't come with 8.04, you will be sure that it will come. Calm down, jkrud.

At first, I was disappointed that many distributions doesn't include KDE4 when it comes out, but maybe it's better this way.

Oh, and this is a desktop environment related thread: Gnome sucks
    Yeah, nonetheless I expect better from this site. If I wanted speculation and opinions, I would get my GNU/Linux news and info from digg. But I see they at least edited that off-the-cuff remark out of the post, so thanks.

gnome sucks.