Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Attachmate Completes Its Novell Acquisition

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    The entire community or a vocal minority?
    The community that decides to participate. Please feel free to check out openFate.


    Well, yes really, oS is repackaging Wodim which is Debian's fork of cdrtools that only exists because Debian's maintainers of cdrtools had issues with Joerg Schilling and his build system, a build system which could have been replaced without the ensuing drama.
    And so it goes.
    Ummm no, it has NOTHING to do with the build system. It has to do with his cdrtools licensing. Feel free to search up Joerg's posts in the oS mailing lists. His troll posts are found in any one of them quite regularly.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Feel free to read up on cdrtools relicensing to cddl. There is even a wikipedia note on it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cdrtools

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Ummm no, it has NOTHING to do with the build system. It has to do with his cdrtools licensing. Feel free to search up Joerg's posts in the oS mailing lists. His troll posts are found in any one of them quite regularly.
    Actually, it had everything to do with the build system.

    Joerg had licensed his build scripts under the CDDL soon after the license was written which is what caused the initial bru haha within Debian. He didn't relicense any other part of cdrtools until Debian had flamed him publicly about it for several months.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Actually, it had everything to do with the build system.

    Joerg had licensed his build scripts under the CDDL soon after the license was written which is what caused the initial bru haha within Debian. He didn't relicense any other part of cdrtools until Debian had flamed him publicly about it for several months.
    That still makes it a license issue, not a code issue.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That still makes it a license issue, not a code issue.
    *sigh*

    Care to point out which part of this:

    oS is repackaging Wodim which is Debian's fork of cdrtools that only exists because Debian's maintainers of cdrtools had issues with Joerg Schilling and his build system, a build system which could have been replaced without the ensuing drama.
    says it was a code issue?

  6. #46

    Default

    These chineese are trying to capture world by there cheap material and work force.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •