Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Puts Out Catalyst 11.4 With X Server 1.10 Support

Unhappy

Still can't switch to my hd5650, it only recognizes the integrated hd4200 (notebook)

11.4 doesn't work for me with gnome 3. Neither do the Gallium drivers (system info shows Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe).
    How do I use the correct drivers in Fedora 15, so that I can use the gnome-shell?

ne1,

Post download md5 or sha1 checksum please.

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfiend View Post
    11.4 doesn't work for me with gnome 3. Neither do the Gallium drivers (system info shows Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe).
    How do I use the correct drivers in Fedora 15, so that I can use the gnome-shell?
    What is your GPU ?

It's mobility radeon 3470.

I think Ill give the powerxpress-stuff a try when I get home. Would be pretty sweet if it worked, you'd have a stable Intel-driver for everyday-stuff and fglrx for demanding games. I don't have much hope though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhick View Post
    I think Ill give the powerxpress-stuff a try when I get home. Would be pretty sweet if it worked, you'd have a stable Intel-driver for everyday-stuff and fglrx for demanding games. I don't have much hope though.
    Demanding linux games where?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
    hm no, I'm probably wrong there. Just found two short reports of users where it works with proprietary NVIDIA drivers.
    I can report that the Nv blob works fine with Gnome Shell for me on my GF 9400M (macbook). The Unity interface in Ubuntu 11.04 works correctly on r600c (assuming that's the default in natty instead of r600g for my 4770). I'll try gnome-shell on the r600 when I get home.

I haven't really played with catalyst in a while, so no reports from me for that.

I'd also be able to mention how r300g works on natty under unity/gnome-shell, but my older laptop threw a kernel panic half-way through the natty upgrade and I'm in the middle of a re-install from scratch.

gnome shell worked with r600g for me (on fedora 15 beta)

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfiend View Post
    I don't think llvmpipe and the other software renderers support texture-from-pixmap which all the 3d desktops require. Try using a hardware driver like r600g.