Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by b3nn0 View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I don't seem to be able to upgrade:
    Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden:
    libegl1-mesa libegl1-mesa-drivers libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-glx libgles2-mesa
    Die folgenden Pakete werden aktualisiert (Upgrade):
    libdrm-dev libdrm-intel1 libdrm-nouveau1a libdrm-radeon1 libdrm2 libglu1-mesa libkms1 libopenvg1-mesa libvpx0 mesa-common-dev xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-intel
    xserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-radeon

The reason why the above packages are not being installed:
    libegl1-mesa : Hängt ab von: libglapi-mesa (= 7.12~git1110030847.1165b6~gd~n) aber 7.12.0~git20110726.b189d163-0ubuntu0sarvatt2~natty soll installiert werden
    libgl1-mesa-glx : Hängt ab von: libglapi-mesa (= 7.12~git1110030847.1165b6~gd~n) aber 7.12.0~git20110726.b189d163-0ubuntu0sarvatt2~natty soll installiert werden
    libgles2-mesa : Hängt ab von: libglapi-mesa (= 7.12~git1110030847.1165b6~gd~n) aber 7.12.0~git20110726.b189d163-0ubuntu0sarvatt2~natty soll installiert werden

Any help is appreciated :/
    (Honestly, I think I fiddled with some X packages after installing Ubuntu a few months ago and simply forgot it... but I'm not sure and don't know how to find out).

Thanks
    It looks like you had PPA of sarvatt2 (or something similar). You need to re-add that PPA (if you deleted) and then run in terminal "sudo ppa-purge (name of PPA)". (you also need to have installed ppa-purge. After that "sarvatt2" is purged you can use oibaf PPA (someone should correct me if I am wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by gsedej View Post
    It looks like you had PPA of sarvatt2 (or something similar). You need to re-add that PPA (if you deleted) and then run in terminal "sudo ppa-purge (name of PPA)". (you also need to have installed ppa-purge. After that "sarvatt2" is purged you can use oibaf PPA (someone should correct me if I am wrong)
    Correct, "that" PPA is probably xorg-edgers.

Thanks for info!
    Do you know what's with missing textures in Heven? Glxinfo is the same, here is output of Heaven http://pastebin.com/GKWmbhV9
    Here is how I see: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/slika322.jpg/
    The list of r600g bug is at: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist...0&product=Mesa

It looks like your problem is not listed there. Try reporting a new bug so that developers can have a chance to fix it.

Oibaf, I was wondering if you planned to start compiling drivers for Oneiric any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    Oibaf, I was wondering if you planned to start compiling drivers for Oneiric any time soon?
    It's on my TODO list but I am a bit busy now... but since I received the first donation a couple of days ago I'll see to find the time and motivation to do it before oneiric final release

Great, thanks. Your packages are exactly what a lot of people want.

I pushed mesa, libtxc-dxtn and libvpx packages for oneiric. They should also support multiarch. Please test and give feedback.

Everything seems to be working fine.

Oneiric 64-bit, Radeon HD 5770.

Some interesting numbers provided by Canonical on the PPA usage (actually referring to the libtxc-dxtn0 package which is the older one for every Ubuntu release).

Natty:
    666 downloads on i386
    898 downloads on amd64

Oneiric:
    6 downloads on i386
    10 downloads on amd64

I posted bug on xorg. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41744
    They say I don't have S3TC. Don't you have s3tc enabled in your PPA? I installed libtxc-dxtn but still does not work. On my laptop with 9600m (r300g) S3TC works ok with libtxc-dxtn.

Can you explain your last post. What does numbers it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gsedej View Post
    I posted bug on xorg. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41744
    They say I don't have S3TC. Don't you have s3tc enabled in your PPA? I installed libtxc-dxtn but still does not work. On my laptop with 9600m (r300g) S3TC works ok with libtxc-dxtn.
    libgl1-mesa-dri pacakge "Recommends: libtxc-dxtn0", so it should be automatically installed if you didn't disable installing recommended packages. Can you post the output of dpkg -l | grep libtxc and then again glxinfo ?

Can you explain your last post. What does numbers it mean?
    They are the numbers the packages get downloaded (i.e. users using the PPA).