Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Why do you want to do that?
    security control.

as i am not a hardcore X-org developer, i do not know whether it is possible for background daemon to access DRI

So to be safe, i want to ensure no access.

Section "DRI"
    Group "video"
    Mode 0660
    EndSection

Sources and update the package from here.

Default Thank you!

Thank you for these packages I was looking for packages with patent-covered features (in Europe, or at least in Italy, there aren't legal problems with them) since months. On my AMD Radeon 6570 there aren't problems currently, in my free time I will try to do some tests (even on other GPUs, I have got also a couple of Intel GPUs and one or two nVidia GPUs).

hey i just use your ubuntu 11.10 files in ubuntu 12.04 works perfect and mesa 8 is much better than mesa7,11

Default 12.04 mesa packages

Mesa packages for Ubuntu 12.04 are ready, I'll push them once the i965 driver is fixed to properly build due to recent build changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster2 View Post
    could you pls create a driexperimental package with r600 and texture tiling and hiz patches?
    Building a driver twice with different patches it's not easy, hopefully tiling patches will be merged soon, while hiz is too experimantal and probably doesn't apply since the patches are quite old.

oibaf are the GL_Select Patches in your PPA? http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...h=hw_gl_select

Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    oibaf are the GL_Select Patches in your PPA? http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...h=hw_gl_select
    No, see /usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.gz for current PPA changes.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    security control.

as i am not a hardcore X-org developer, i do not know whether it is possible for background daemon to access DRI

So to be safe, i want to ensure no access.

Section "DRI"
    Group "video"
    Mode 0660
    EndSection
    i got the answer

According to http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRM , i take a look at the permission at /dev/dri

The setting has no effect and seems obsolete.

Anyways, the security setting of /dev/dri is secure enough by default, there is no need to set anything

Default ** Warning to intel users **

Due to a build problem I disabled building the i965 driver in mesa packages, so you'll get llvmpipe instead. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

The good news for the others is that mesa packages are now available also on Ubuntu 12.04 "precise".