Page 31 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

At some point, the environment variable R600_STREAMOUT=1 stopped working and now it is reporting OpenGL 2.1 again instead of 3.0 on r600g.

The variable to enable GLSL 1.30 still works.

Quote Originally Posted by phitastic View Post
    Hi,

I came across the same error under natty with stock kernel and latest mesa+xorg-intel drivers from oibaf. Additionally, I noticed that dmesg outputs a "915_gem_execbuffer_relocate_entry *ERROR* Relocation beyond target object bounds: obj ffff8801f0bbbc00 target 1 delta 32769 size 32768. I traced it back to the bug report and patch in https://pokersource.info/show_bug.cgi?id=46766.

Is there any chance that one last mesa could be released that includes those patches (either b2ace06cbbbb1021e2d7ace12a985c6406821939 or 3d036f3f0aa7360c58d76b3f5114e1cf8c32260c -- i don't understand that last comment at the bottom of the page).

Thanks so much oibaf!
    Philipp
    Hi, that commit is indeed not included in the latest mesa for natty and oneiric. I stopped supporting them because they need newer dependencies which are not easy to backport from precise (precise/oneiric packages support multiarch, not available in natty, also many precise packages now use debhelper 9, not available in natty/oneiric). I'd suggest to upgrade to precise, remember also that natty will end of life in October.

I pushed the new nouveau drivers to the precise PPA. radeonsi will have to wait (it requires llvm 3.1).

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I pushed the new nouveau drivers to the precise PPA. radeonsi will have to wait (it requires llvm 3.1).
    so, in other words, there are support for the nvidia kepler tech but not for amd Southern Islands

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Hi, that commit is indeed not included in the latest mesa for natty and oneiric. I stopped supporting them because they need newer dependencies which are not easy to backport from precise (precise/oneiric packages support multiarch, not available in natty, also many precise packages now use debhelper 9, not available in natty/oneiric). I'd suggest to upgrade to precise, remember also that natty will end of life in October.
    Hi oibaf, cool, thanks for letting me know. If there's any chance to leave the natty/oneiric packakges with a version that includes this patch but does not have the dependencies you mentioned, that would be awesome... perhaps some git revision that is slightly more recent than what is in the repo right now.. would be much much appreciated. Perhaps you find the time...
    best,
    Philipp

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonFC View Post
    At some point, the environment variable R600_STREAMOUT=1 stopped working and now it is reporting OpenGL 2.1 again instead of 3.0 on r600g.

The variable to enable GLSL 1.30 still works.
    Same here on Ubuntu 12.04 (AMD 6570, 32-bit).

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-6af4c90 precise-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    oibaf, if you need more data from glxinfo tell me, I would like to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedanfor View Post
    oibaf, if you need more data from glxinfo tell me, I would like to help.
    There is no magic in my packages and I am not very familiar with r600 driver. If R600_STREAMOUT is broken open a bug on freedesktop, for the OpenGL version it probably require some other thing to enable.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47281 is causing problems for me. The fix was supposed to be released on 2012-04-27, and there has been two releases of the ubuntu driver debs since then. But still, I'm getting the same errors.

Before I go back to the bug saying that the fix doesn't work, is it really included in the latest driver packages?

The versions on my machine are

$ dpkg -l|grep radeon
    ii libdrm-radeon1 2.4.34+git1205110954.86451a~gd~p Userspace interface to radeon-specific kernel DRM services -- runtime
    ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.14.99+git1205111032.4b9bad~gd~p X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver

I always had problems to do with chrome's native client applications. Ultimatly most 3D objects in the game appeared all black. Now that I've updated mesa using your PPA those long time problems have stopped. Thanks oibaf!