Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    It would be gratefull if mesa could be make possible GPU acceleration on flashplayer videos (youtube); my HD3850 on XP could be used on flv only by 9.11 catalyst drivers.
    Flash has been constant pain on Linux, but video acceleration under Flash, for example, is disabled even with Nvidia binary blob. Talk about "high quality" from Adobe!

On youtube and anywhere else, use HTML5. If its broken there, help fixing it by reporting to the website and at browser bugtracker.

From other side, there was some talk about finding the most-working flash version here on phoronix - which was eventually found; pity, that can't find it now...

And as of flash games legacy, use free flash implementation, like Gnash or Lightspark.

Flash was and is a zombie (now even more). Don't cure zombies!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      Flash has been constant pain on Linux, but video acceleration under Flash, for example, is disabled even with Nvidia binary blob. Talk about "high quality" from Adobe!
      It's not much better on Windows. I've read (at least with AMD Radeons) if you view hardware accelerated Flash, your GPU clocks are throttled by 50% (someone mentioned this on a Newegg review of a card; I've never bothered to test it since I don't watch YouTube and play games simultaneously, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

Comment

• Updated MESA packages

Finally all the mesa build issues are fixed now. Updated mesa packages are building now.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Finally all the mesa build issues are fixed now. Updated mesa packages are building now.
          As reported by someone there is a link problem with the classic drivers (r200 radeon i915 i965) so you may want to revert to mesa ubuntu packages if you use any of them. Hopefully it will be fixed in some way.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            As reported by someone there is a link problem with the classic drivers (r200 radeon i915 i965) so you may want to revert to mesa ubuntu packages if you use any of them. Hopefully it will be fixed in some way.
            Fixed in the updated packages.

Comment

• Mesa config

Hi,

Can you share what arguments you use for ./configure ? Thanks.

Comment

• Why do people still use Ubuntu?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
                  Hi,

Can you share what arguments you use for ./configure ? Thanks.
                  All the source are available in the PPA, see the PPA page for how to download them. The easiest way to see the configure arguments see the various build log, e.g. https://launchpadlibrarian.net/11465...UILDING.txt.gz

Comment

• I have enabled again the LLVM compiler on r600. See here for more info:

Comment

• I thought I posted before, but maybe it didn't go through?

After yesterday's updated, OpenGL stopped working, so Gnome-shell gave me a garbled screen of corruption(as did Gnome Classic with effects).

I seem to be affected by this bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55217

Downgrading libgl1-mesa-dri to the official repository's version solved the problem, which is lucky because the other packages I tried to downgrade wanted to remove half my system.

Hopefully they get this figured out soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X