Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1336

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I have a test build of mesa for 12.10 here:
    https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/

    Untested (I am still on 12.04). Please test, if confirmed working I'll move it to main PPA.
    I get a lot of these messages in my ~/.xsession-errors:

    Code:
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glDrawBuffer(buffer=0x405)
    Like 5 per second.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I have a test build of mesa for 12.10 here:
    https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/

    Untested (I am still on 12.04). Please test, if confirmed working I'll move it to main PPA.
    I get a lot of these errors in my ~/.xsession-errors file:

    Code:
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glReadBuffer(buffer=0x405)
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glDrawBuffer(buffer=0x405)
    Like 5 of those per second..

  3. #403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carestad View Post
    I get a lot of these errors in my ~/.xsession-errors file:

    Code:
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glReadBuffer(buffer=0x405)
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glDrawBuffer(buffer=0x405)
    Like 5 of those per second..
    This is probably some application not properly using OpenGL.

  4. #404

    Default

    mesa 12.10 packages are now in the main PPA.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi Guys.
    When I run glxgears in 12.04 I get...
    EE r600_asm.c:122 r600_bytecode_get_num_operands - Need instruction operand number for 0xc.
    EE r600_asm.c:122 r600_bytecode_get_num_operands - Need instruction operand number for 0x28.

    Do you need more info?
    Cheers.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Badalloc with SNA and xserver-xorg-intel

    Hi,

    the last version of your intel PPA really boost the performances but give me this error in glxinfo

    X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
    Serial number of failed request: 22
    Current serial number in output stream: 25

    Thus some app do not works (ie. Google-Earth Glxgears)

    My video card is:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)

    My box:
    Xubuntu 12.04 i386 NON-PAE
    Tried with both with official kernel 3.2.0-33-generic and kernel compiled by me 3.6.3-vanilla
    Last edited by dentaku65; 10-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Found a workaround

    Quote Originally Posted by dentaku65 View Post
    Hi,

    the last version of your intel PPA really boost the performances but give me this error in glxinfo

    X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
    Serial number of failed request: 22
    Current serial number in output stream: 25
    ...
    I found a workaround to Badalloc issue on 3d accell; I put inside .bashrc file this string:
    Code:
    export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
    Save and reboot

    Now everything "seems" to work correctly

    by

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8

    Talking Found a workaround

    Quote Originally Posted by dentaku65 View Post
    Hi,

    the last version of your intel PPA really boost the performances but give me this error in glxinfo

    X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
    Serial number of failed request: 22
    Current serial number in output stream: 25
    ...
    Hi again,
    found a workaround; putting this value:
    Code:
    export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
    on .bashrc file, saving and reboot, seems that fix the issue.

    by

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    You are right, there was a package left over after purging xorg-edgers, I had to downgrade it manually and all is fine now.

  10. #410

    Default

    Yu may want to try the packages I just uploaded, if it still doesn't work you should file a bug with mesa as reported in the first post.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •