Page 47 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Intel hd4000 some garbage colors when I try to play Serious Sam BFE3...

@oibaf: Now when AMD released UVD VDPAU support in mesa, can you include it into your PPA?
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...urce_uvd&num=1

Any tips for diagnosing strange slowdowns/lockups in games?

I've been trying to play the fairly recently released Linux-native Red Orchestra port on a 5770 with the latest from this PPA, and I'm getting horribly slow framerates (5 fps on average) and resulting serious input lag whenever rendering a 3D scene.

Nothing appears to be going off the rails in dmesg's log, and when I start the game via the command line barely any messages are displayed, and the few that are have nothing to do with 3D rendering. The ingame console (engine is based off Unreal 2) does not show any engine info by default or with the commands STAT HARDWARE / STAT RENDER / etc. All references to to debug packages in the OP have to do with crashes, and that is not what I am experiencing. Is running the game with gdb still worth trying without crashes?

I'd like to be able to pinpoint the problem and report it, but I'm coming up short in identifying it. Any help is appreciated!

@pali: sure.

@CossRooper: send a mail at http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev no subscription required.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    @pali: sure.

@CossRooper: send a mail at http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev no subscription required.
    Very excited for UVD! And thanks for the mailing list tip, I've never used one but I'll give it my best shot.

I hope it's not too impudently, but when UVD will be available, because i waited for this so long and i want to test it, but i haven't the knowledge to do that myself. And also want to ask will there be Raring support?

I had to downgrade it manually and all is fine now.

UVD has yet to be merged on mesa. I plan to add raring support but I have little free time for doing it, it will come eventually.

Mesa packages with UVD support are compiling now. Note that you also need a patched kernel and the firmware blob (neither in this PPA).

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Mesa packages with UVD support are compiling now. Note that you also need a patched kernel and the firmware blob (neither in this PPA).
    Great news!
    Wishlist:
    *OpenCL on radeonsi?
    *13.04 support?(if it's not much to ask can you provide some estimated date?)