Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

No plan, Ubuntu should provide official packages updates during development of 13.10.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    No plan, Ubuntu should provide official packages updates during development of 13.10.
    Raring is last Ubu You will support?

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Raring is last Ubu You will support?
    I mean I don't plan to provide saucy packages before official 13.10.

Anyway lately I am a lot busier than before (13.04 packages were ready some weeks after official release) so I won't promise I'll be able to provide 13.10 packages...

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I mean I don't plan to provide saucy packages before official 13.10.

Anyway lately I am a lot busier than before (13.04 packages were ready some weeks after official release) so I won't promise I'll be able to provide 13.10 packages...
    Can I somehow grab spec packages/files for raring? (So that I can change/adjust it for 13.10)
    Last edited by przemoli; 07-31-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Default VDPAU won't work for Radeon in decoding H.264

Hey guys, I've just installed the updated drivers (inclduing libg3dvl-mesa) as well as kernel 3.10.4, but when I run vdpauinfo it says the driver is only capable of decoding MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Any idea why this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by blinxwang View Post
    Hey guys, I've just installed the updated drivers (inclduing libg3dvl-mesa) as well as kernel 3.10.4, but when I run vdpauinfo it says the driver is only capable of decoding MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Any idea why this might be?
    Do you have the updated firmware? I actually started to package stuff for uvd before I realized other ppa's existed. You can grab an updated firmware .deb here: https://launchpad.net/~dtl131/+archive/uvd/+packages

@oibaf: You may want to put a similar updated firmware in your ppa

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Do you have the updated firmware? I actually started to package stuff for uvd before I realized other ppa's existed. You can grab an updated firmware .deb here: https://launchpad.net/~dtl131/+archive/uvd/+packages

I just installed it and rebooted my computer, but vdpauinfo still says it can only decode MPEG 1 and 2. I have a 6970 (Cayman) card, by the way.

Default VDPAU won't work for Radeon in decoding H.264

in arch's way i have to set VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi ( i have hd7xxx)

you may find your_driver by listing X log.
    "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i vdpau"

after that try:
    'VDPAU_DRIVER=your_driver vdpauinfo'

can't try at ubuntu 'cause i don't have it, so maybe xlogs location is changed or way of set variables is diffrent.

Adding the new D3D9 state-tracker is a good option to consider, really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post

Copied in my PPA, thanks!