Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

I installed a mix of current saucy and raring mesa packages and everything is working fine. KDE too with no need for additional ppa's.

Just one question:

As I stated in a previous post, I am rebuilding every mesa package update with llvm git so that I can get OpenGL 3.0. I see that it takes quite a long time (maybe 10 min for each of the two archs I am building -i386, amd64-, so about 20 min in total). I see the following debian/rules :

ifneq (,$(filter parallel=%,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
    NUMJOBS = $(patsubst parallel=%,%,$(filter parallel=%,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
    MAKEFLAGS += -j$(NUMJOBS)
    endif

I am no programmer but I think that specifies the number of compile jobs. Does that optimise the number of compile jobs? I am asking because I have a FX-8150 but watching the CPU load while compiling, it is not maxed out as I see many cores under 50%. I could just change the line before the endif to MAKEFLAGS += -j8, but I just wanted to know before messing with that option.

Any word on when Saucy gets the rest of Mesa/Xorg? So far it's only wayland and glamor.

I have few spare time for this sorry. I pushed saucy -ati package anyway now (notably include Xv support on glamor, not available in standard Ubuntu packages). I had to disable xmir because patch bitrot.

If you want to sponsor saucy packages you can send me a paypal donation, the link is on the PPA.

@jsa1983: yes, you can try -j8.

thank you for your wonderful work! works beautifully

A question though I want to try Radeon OpenCL, so I read that it requires mesa be compiled with "./autogen.sh --with-dri-drivers="" --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-opencl" flags. Does this ppa enable opencl??

Quote Originally Posted by xgt001 View Post
    thank you for your wonderful work! works beautifully

A question though I want to try Radeon OpenCL, so I read that it requires mesa be compiled with "./autogen.sh --with-dri-drivers="" --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-opencl" flags. Does this ppa enable opencl??
    You can go to PPA, and read scripts with with .debs are made. ALL parameters passed to autogen/configure/make are there. And You will get that info faster

There is no OpenCL currently and I don't plan it soon, unless someone sponsor it .

OpenCL is far from usable in the current stage.

oibaf, think you can add glxinfo (in mesa demos) to create core contexts to this PPA?
    That would be pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido_root View Post
    oibaf, think you can add glxinfo (in mesa demos) to create core contexts to this PPA?
    That would be pretty handy.
    I backported it already in raring (and there is by default in saucy), the package doesn't build on older Ubuntu IIRC, which I'll drop soon anyway.