Page 58 of 133 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Thanks jsa1983, I typed "glxinfo | grep -i opengl" and got this. So I'm good for now. I wanna do some tests, especially when the DX9 state tracker is ever released.

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.3.0-devel (git-86751cb raring-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Thanks jsa1983, I typed "glxinfo | grep -i opengl" and got this. So I'm good for now. I wanna do some tests, especially when the DX9 state tracker is ever released.

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.3.0-devel (git-86751cb raring-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    Then you're good to go. I have tried that sb optimization with a Radeon HD 4570 (as well as the llvm backend) and I must say that I am impressed. It yields very noticeable improvements. Check it yourself.

Regards

Default How about a ppa with kde-workspace compiled with support for wayland switched off?

All this is very weird...

How can kwin in kde 4.11 work with nvidia legacy or catalyst graphics that have no wayland? Does it dynamically link in the "wrong" libwayland from mesa mixing it with the legacy opengl from a non-mesa stack and live happy with it since it does not need libwayland anyway (when configured for the opengl backend?)...

All this seems wrong...

Until it is sorted (and given that the wayland support in kwin is only very preliminary) wouldn't it make sense to provide a build of kde-workspace with wayland fully disabled?

Mesa is confirmed to require wayland 1.2 and merged my patch.

The best way to properly address this is to backport wayland 1.2 in the PPA, once the installation conflict of ricotz wayland package is fixed (or a proper package get committed to Ubuntu saucy). But I have no time to do this, so if someone contribute a fixed package I can integrate it in my PPA and reenable wayland-egl.

kde for me doesn't run with this ppa( kde 4.11), any solution ?

non me funziona xD, se po fa qualcosa o no se po fa? ehehe ciao!

Try again this PPA, hopefully the wayland problem should be fixed. Let me know if there are problems (e.g. error installing packages): https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/test/

@oibaf: Is radeonsi dri driver supported by your ppa (for precise or other versions)? And is opengl working?

Quote Originally Posted by pali View Post
    @oibaf: Is radeonsi dri driver supported by your ppa (for precise or other versions)? And is opengl working?
    Yes, but on raring (13.04) only.

And you planning in future add radeonsi support also to precise? Because precise is supported until 2017.

Hi, just read about these drivers, and I'm really interested in giving them a go. I have an Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419 laptop with AMD Dual Graphics (7660G iGPU + 7670M dGPU), Xubuntu 13.04 x86_64, and today's pre-built 3.11 daily kernel.

Just had a few questions:

1. How can I tell which GPU is doing the processing? Can I specify a GPU to do all processing (I'd rather just have the dGPU do everything, unless the switchable graphics implementation currently is good enough to handle switching based on load)?
    2. How do I check GPU statistics (clock speed, GPU usage, video memory usage, etc.)? Can this be polled from different GPUs?
    3. Do I need to do anything special at all to enable the radeonsi driver, on both the iGPU and dGPU? Checking lspci -v shows both my GPUs using the kernel driver radeon, is this ok? The only things i've done so far was update the drivers via the PPA, and updated the kernel.