Page 71 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I backported it already in raring (and there is by default in saucy), the package doesn't build on older Ubuntu IIRC, which I'll drop soon anyway.
    Ah, okay. Hope you won't drop 12.10 from this PPA, because that's what I'm using :b

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido_root View Post
    Ah, okay. Hope you won't drop 12.10 from this PPA, because that's what I'm using :b
    Why are you still using it? It's not even a LTS release, you should upgrade .

Yeah I should upgrade sometime, but not ready just yet. I'm not really in a hurry to upgrade because 12.10 still has support 'til April 2014 iirc.

12.04 is LTS, so you can downgrade.

Default vdpau issues

Hello!

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 with Radeon HD 4650 AGP video card, and i'm having issues with VDPAU. I installed every neccessary package from oibaf's PPA, and the VDPAU playback is working in mplayer, but occasionally i get artifacts and flickering, if i set it to fullscreen, the artifacts are more frequent. I'm experiencing the same with youtube videos with accelerated decoding. I tried multiple kernels, 3.11.0, 3.11.6 3.12-rc6, now 3.12-rc7 but no difference.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mmstick View Post
    OpenCL is far from usable in the current stage.
    ah alright. I take your word. Will have to install fglrx now .. will sideload another partition for opencl with ubuntu 12.04 and 13.11...

Btw, why is it that chrome doesnt use hw acceleration with radeon driver?? I thought it would be perfectly stable by now with radeon hw accel.

Question

Is mesa going to be built for 13.10 (saucy) soon or is there still work to be done before it can be built?

Does sound work through HDMI with these drivers? I have these on Mint 15 with a Radeon 5550 and don't hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Does sound work through HDMI with these drivers? I have these on Mint 15 with a Radeon 5550 and don't hear anything.
    Works just fine for me; you might need to add:
    Code:
    radeon.audio=1
    to GRUB.
    Edit the /etc/default/grub file and add the parameter to the line:

Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash "
    so it would look like this
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash radeon.audio=1"
    Run sudo update-grub then reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by blinxwang View Post
    Is mesa going to be built for 13.10 (saucy) soon or is there still work to be done before it can be built?
    I have the package in this test PPA. If you can confirm it's OK I'll push it in the main PPA.